PDA

View Full Version : 3Dexcellence.com is hosting an art contest, "Conquest of Science" $8,000.00 in prizes

sdavis
02-28-2005, 05:46 PM
There is a new art contes at 3dexcellece.com. It is called "Conquest of Science" It has some major sponsors and is offering a total of just over $8,000.00 in prizes. To check it out or sign up go to this link:

http://www.3dexcellence.com/contest/contestx.php

http://www.3dexcellence.com/images1/quest.jpg

vrf
03-01-2005, 09:28 AM
I have to admit, I get skeptical when these smaller CG sites host art contests. Like, can they be trusted to do it fairly and deliver the prizes on time? Even 3dTotal had some major issues with a recent contest.

halo
03-01-2005, 12:35 PM
another thinly vieled disguised competition :

All artwork material entered to the "3Dexcellence.com Conquest of Contest" may be used by 3Dexcellence.com and 3Dexcellence's partners and affiliates for marketing purposes. 3Dexcellence.com and 3Dexcellence's partners and affiliates will not use artwork material from the contest without assigning proper artistic credit to the author. Submitted material will be republished on 3Dexcellence's web site, future magazines and publications. Material may be modified or watermarked by 3Dexcellence.com for distribution.

heres a prize which we get cheap and we're offeing it in return for all you artwork of every entry thats involved in the competition, oh and we may pass it on to our "partners" for marketing (read advertisers?) for them to use, oh and we may distribute it on our site as well...but we'll give you a credit :rolleyes:

kursad_pileksuz
03-01-2005, 06:50 PM
well that will be the case for most of the competitions and contests or art shows.

" 3Dexcellence.com and 3Dexcellence's partners and affiliates will not use artwork material from the contest without assigning proper artistic credit to the author"

also they also say that they will give you credit, whatelse one needs?

in many cases if you want to send artwork to art shows they even charge you couple of bucks and claim ownership for the artwork you sent. Unfortunately that is the system currently

and if there is no big prize that does not mean it is a shitty contest, sometimes you send stuff just to show goodwill or support,

on top of these most of the contests are done for income, noone wants to spend money and truly sponsor an art contest-events anymore for good will, talk about privatizing, you cannot blame them as well

another thinly vieled disguised competition :

heres a prize which we get cheap and we're offeing it in return for all you artwork of every entry thats involved in the competition, oh and we may pass it on to our "partners" for marketing (read advertisers?) for them to use, oh and we may distribute it on our site as well...but we'll give you a credit :rolleyes:

Artbot
03-01-2005, 08:25 PM
Okay, the rules are posted, but where is the info on the actual subject matter of the contest ("Conquest of Science")?

sdavis
03-04-2005, 06:26 PM
Hi, I am Scott Davis of 3dexcellence.com

I read what you guys wrote and it all makes sense. I would have the same feeling. The truth is, I am new at this art contest thing. I don't plan on using anyones artwork for a book, but if I put it on the site somewhere and an artist complains, I don't want a lawsuit. In terms of affiliates, I am talking about the sponsors, using the artwork, probably the winners work to show off the person who got the prizes. I am not selling the artwork.

As for the prizes. I got the sponsors to commit in writing to all of the prizes. They want the exposure in exchange for the prizes. The contest is legit, and should be fun. I, like alot of you have submitted artwork all over the web. Why not see if it is good enough, in the eyes of the judges to win some prizes?

As for the title of the contest. Use your imagination... What could possbily fall into "Conquest of Science" SCI FI, Machinery, Medicine, Chenistry, bombs (unfortunately), computers, reading, undersea exploration, the list goes on and on. Be creative. It is about great art, not reading the law to the letter. If you have any questions, email me or respond. I had no idea anyone was discussing this. Let me know what you think.

Thanks.

CyberGolem
03-04-2005, 09:17 PM
Has anyone else been able to locate what this other contest entails? I've located the rules, but no other specifics. On the same note, and I apologize for my ignorance, but how often are challenges created on CGTalk?

CGTalk Moderation
03-04-2005, 09:17 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.