PDA

View Full Version : New to AE:Is this an Affter Effect effect?!

benone
02-28-2005, 01:35 PM
Hi,

I've never used After Effects, but was wondering if anyone could figure out how the image fade in / fade out effect was produced here: http://www.anothermag.com/issue8

Could this be done in after effects?

Thanks for any tips!

Ben

Paulumbo
02-28-2005, 09:49 PM
Try animating, levels, blur and opacity together. I'm guessing the burnout was done with levels filter (possibly brightness contrast), the blur with... a blur filter, and looks like it's faded up too. Could be a new filter but this should get something similar, if not interesting!

berniebernie
03-01-2005, 05:34 PM
The blur is definitely AE (or a sequence of PSD flash) but the burn thingy can be made directly in Flash by boosting each color level the same way until you get a full brightness (everything is white....)

benone
03-02-2005, 08:49 AM
great! thanks for the tips guys, i'll have a play with various filters and see if i can find an economical method!

Thanks again!

Ian Jones
03-02-2005, 12:13 PM
Yeah I also think that flash is doing the boost. Basically two images a clean version and a blurred version. Flash transitions from clean to blurred by bringing in the blurred version over the clean and then transitions the blurred images pixels values towards white.

CGTalk Moderation
03-02-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.