PDA

View Full Version : R 9.1 Selecting Edges Problem?

nutriman
02-28-2005, 10:52 AM
Hi everyone,

been using R9.1 for a couple of days and encountered a problem when selecting edges.
In previous versions you just had to touch an edge to have it selected, that only works sometimes but mostly i have to drag over almost the whole edge to select...
THAT DRIVES ME INSANE :twisted:

maybe it's a bug or an openGL problem or i am just too stupid to find it in the manual.

has anyone encountered the same problem or does anyone know how to solve it?

abstrax
02-28-2005, 11:16 AM
Hi everyone,

been using R9.1 for a couple of days and encountered a problem when selecting edges.
In previous versions you just had to touch an edge to have it selected, that only works sometimes but mostly i have to drag over almost the whole edge to select...
THAT DRIVES ME INSANE :twisted:

maybe it's a bug or an openGL problem or i am just too stupid to find it in the manual.

has anyone encountered the same problem or does anyone know how to solve it?

It's no bug, it's a feature ;o)

Please activate the option "Tolerant Edge Selection" in the live selection attributes and you only have to touch the edge. If you deactivate this option you have to drag at least over 70% of the edge. The intention was to allow the selection concatenated edges without lifting the pen or mouse button.

Cheers,
Marcus

nutriman
02-28-2005, 01:21 PM
DOH'! :scream:

thanks marcus

CGTalk Moderation
02-28-2006, 02:01 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.