PDA

View Full Version : Denim Design print Ad

zagor
02-28-2005, 09:22 AM
hey
please give me suggestions for this print ad made for the denim company....

http://www.geocities.com/akshay_animator/JeansAD.jpg

zagor
03-02-2005, 04:43 AM
anyone?? anybody ?? can i have some suggestions ???

Citizen-Insane
03-02-2005, 06:25 AM
bahahaa Awsome. I like it. I can't really crit it much, sorry, but I like it. :thumbsup:

If I were to say anything, I would say that the letters "F.R.E.E" should have the same spacing as the other letters and be in the same pattern as the jeans in the pic.

the sparky
03-02-2005, 07:31 AM
This is a really tiny thing, but I would take that circle out from behind FREE, it's distracting, and it makes FREE less obvious. Maybe also not have any dots go over the jeans - that way the jeans would be free. Just a thought. :)

Ilikesoup
03-02-2005, 02:39 PM
I don't understand the concept, so it's perfect. :D
Seriously, only crit about the art is the ghosting around the outline of her jeans unless it's supposed to look cut and pasted like a scrapbook. I like the low res look of the background. It almost looks like parts of it are made up of little bullseyes (is this an ad for Target stores?)

Can you explain how a jolly roger umbrella + a high kicking girl = yearning to breathe free?

Daolohua CnC
03-02-2005, 06:48 PM
Not too much to crit, nice image!

Minor gripes would include that Jeans Exchange being squished together in all caps could also be Jean Sex Change.
Also, even though she is running off the page she still seems centered in the middle of the peice and stuck on the bottom. Moving her a bit off center and giving her more of the page might strengthen the composition. Even if it as the expense of clipping more of the umbrella. Which brings me to...
Lastly, why is there a skull and crossbones on the umbrella? Perhaps its just me, but I equate that more to death than to freedom.

Take it easy,
Matt

CGTalk Moderation
03-02-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.