PDA

View Full Version : Chinese Sword Design

filofilm
02-27-2005, 11:26 PM
Alright, let me apologize for this up front.

I would normally offer pay for a request like this, but it is something I am willing to actually do on my own. Only, I'm too curious as to what brainstorms the rest of your artistic minds may have that mine won't.

With that said, I am looking to design a chinese sword for a live action film I am doing. The sword will actually be made (and made of metal). And if I pick your design I'll give you film credit and I'll have an extra sword made of your design, just for you (my way of trying to make up for no pay).

So here is the deal, you can either contact me directly (e-mail or private message) to let me know you are going to submit something, or you can just post it here. But letting me know in advance will prevent me from ending the thread prematurely.

Here's the history of the sword:
It was made by an expert swordsmith around 500 AD (in China). Within the sword is trapped the soul of his beloved. He has sworn to use the sword to kill those that took her away from him. And since her soul resides in the sword, she will experience the sweet revenge along side him.

The sword should look like your standard Chinses sword, only their could be engravings on the blade, handle, hilt, wherever.

I hope to hear from some of you.
Sincerely,
FiloFilm

CGTalk Moderation
02-28-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.