PDA

View Full Version : WIP dropship

cheerfulskeptic
02-27-2005, 10:18 PM
Here's a 6-sec anim of the dropship landing. (ths was originally posted on 3d-palace). I modeled the dropship following the tutorial on 3d-palace.com and added textures from total textures v7. I plan to use combustion to add dust being raised when it gets close tot he ground, and of course, video post glow fx for the turbines. I think I'm going to use Pete Draper's book with the 'gas flame' tutorial to light up the turbines, it may look cool.
Landscape rendered with dreamscape, used the mars example with some changes, the only light was dreamscape sun with a slightly yellowish tint. I will probably need to check the joints of each object in the dropship model, since you can see the light in the seams.
Also, will probably add some existing objects on the ground. Any comments would be welcome, as to how i can make this look more realistic, etc. I'm trying to get a mars-like effect, but exactly mars, just a desert planet with grand canyon/mars type red rock.

The file is 5.82 megs rar'ed, and is an AVI encoded with cinepak radius.

www.wyvernstudios.com/files/dropship.rar (http://www.wyvernstudios.com/files/dropship.rar)

thanks

CGTalk Moderation
02-27-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.