PDA

View Full Version : maya modeling question

luma clark
02-27-2005, 09:41 PM
hi. i'm new to maya. i used to use max. and in max you can use splines and connect them to create your object. my two questions are:

1. is it possible to model the way i described above, in maya? otherwise, how would i go about modeling something using reference photos?

2. how can i model using sharp corners as opposed to the default curves that come out?

pease help.

thanks,

luma

DirtEater
02-28-2005, 01:53 AM
Yes, you can model with Nurbs in Maya, and the type of curves you use and the tool settings will determine how your curves behave.

You would probably get a lot more help if you posted this in the Maya forum here, also have a look through the posts already there by doing a search on Nurbs.

Jason

luma clark
02-28-2005, 01:57 AM
okay. but how do i make the different curves required? and what tools do you mean? please explain everything. i'm new to maya.

also, how would i go about making the curves into a surface?

also,thanks for the tip. i'll post this in the maya forum.

thanks. {^_^}

-luma

Yes, you can model with Nurbs in Maya, and the type of curves you use and the tool settings will determine how your curves behave.

You would probably get a lot more help if you posted this in the Maya forum here, also have a look through the posts already there by doing a search on Nurbs.

Jason

luma clark
02-28-2005, 02:27 AM
okayyyyy!!! :) i figured this out. you hinted me when you said tool settings so i said logically, tool settings. duh!! it lets me pick the point type. also, i figured out how to make the curves into a surface using the planar command. yeeeeeeehhaaawwwwwwwww.
:bounce:

just one more question: once i have made my curve, how can i change any given point type? for instance, a corner to curve etc....

also, one more question, is it possible to use beziers to make my curves? you know, the points with handles. you see, i'm a font designer and beziers are so intuitive to me.

please help.

thanks a bunch for your help,

luma

Jason

CGTalk Moderation
02-28-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.