PDA

View Full Version : wip : cold wasteland matte

Skjoldbroder
02-27-2005, 09:12 PM
hiya.

like so many others, i've started taking a bit of an interest in digital matte painting, so i figured i'd try my hand. c&c welcome.

http://www.skjoldbroder.dk/fisse/mt2_01.jpg

magnetos
02-27-2005, 11:59 PM
plaf if i didnt know better i'd think that's a photograph
excellent work dude :)

did you use photoshop? and reference picx?

Skjoldbroder
02-28-2005, 10:25 AM
hiya.
excellent! yeah, basically i used a photograph I took one winter evening as a source for the sky and for a general palette, then drew the rest in photoshop (i'll post the photo later on when i've done a bit more work)

it's more of an exercise in using colours and 'finding' colours than it is in painting a photorealistic matte from the ground up. i'd like to do that later on, but i'll take it step by step. (just to make it clear that this is NOT a 'real' 100% handpainted matte, i don't want to offend the matte painters I respect so much by claiming that it is)

zagor
02-28-2005, 10:53 AM
oooooh feast for the eyes....lovely depth and field ....background and foreground both compliment each other wonderfully....good mood too...:)

CGTalk Moderation
02-28-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.