PDA

View Full Version : TB's shaderTree - from maker of TBkin,TBDirt

Julez4001
02-27-2005, 03:19 PM
Okay. Can't believe no one has looked at this.
This guy has made a shaderflow system.
It has some kicka$$ features especially in the illuminate department.

Its version .4 but the manual is all japanese.
http://home.att.ne.jp/omega/tabo/3dlabo/p_lwp.html

http://home.att.ne.jp/omega/tabo/3dlabo/image/shadertree/shadertree_disp1.jpg

http://world.altavista.com/babelfish/tr

alta vista does a good try in translation.

Check tghe Illumination section, think SSS is really possible.

Panikos
02-27-2005, 04:15 PM
Yes this is a great tool.

By allowing the user to select the ingredients of rendering recipe, the result can be almost anything, so SSS can be created.

In such case, studying the concept of SSS will shorten the time of making it as well as the result will be more faithful.

CB_3D
02-27-2005, 05:12 PM
Rendertimes go way up with his shaders,unfortunatelly.

Karmacop
02-28-2005, 05:19 AM
I played with this for maybe an hour last night. It seems good, but I'm lost sometimes. Looks like it has a lot of potential though.

mercuryrex
03-01-2005, 12:47 AM
Is this node based Shader thing something special then?

Can anyone post some images of interesting use of this Shader Tree?

And has anyone cranked out any really good SSS look images with it?

I'm wondering if it can produce SSS of the quality of that Maya skin shader. You know the one, the one everyone says is too waxy.

Karmacop
03-01-2005, 02:42 AM
I've tried but I can't find out how to use the ray cast node to get the distance (it seems to be a static value) and I don't think I can shoot off another ray to find out the distance from when it hits the surface to when it hits the back surface .. if that makes sense.

Exper
03-03-2005, 10:08 AM
Absolute masterpiece! :love:

TB ROCKS! :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

I cannot live without it anymore... just attached the first couple of minutes tests.

Maxx
03-03-2005, 11:08 AM
Is this an issue that anyone else has found, or am I using this wrong? If I add a "Value" component, any value above 0 makes the component brite white. 0 is pitch black, 1 and up is bright white. Anybody getting grey?

duke
03-03-2005, 11:59 AM
If you're using it as an actual value then I'm not sure what's wrong, but if you're using it as a colour input, use an RGB input instead.

Karmacop
03-03-2005, 12:48 PM
That is cool Exper ... I'm not really sure what it is, but it looks cool. Any hints for the rest of us? :)

Maxx
03-03-2005, 01:50 PM
duke - thanks for the advice. I was trying the value in the diffuse channel (most noticable changes), so I'm not sure what's up. Could just be that my computer is angry with me today - I'll keep trying if noone else has seen the issue. Thanks!

Exper
03-03-2005, 03:28 PM
Thanks Karmacop! ;)

That was simply an experimental surface (just some abstract stuff I really like)... I'm actually at an embryonic state of understanding... I cannot provide some useful hints.

qwertykd
03-03-2005, 11:24 PM
i messed around with it a little, and it looks pretty sweet function-wise....it includes some options under custom shaders or something like that like blinn, phong, and occlusion presets. Anyone have any thoughts about them?...and anyone think fprime can render this?...man i wish the documentation was in english, but i think an understanding of it will emerge sometime if i keep playing with it....

Exper
03-04-2005, 08:08 AM
and anyone think fprime can render this?...Same old song... "No no... I am a Shader... I am a Shader... I am an hidden thing... oh... man...(refrain until fade)"... you know! :p

Para
03-04-2005, 08:42 AM
Toyed around with this a bit and seems to be very versatile plugin. Anyone want to translate the manual?

duke
03-04-2005, 10:07 AM
There are 2 things I can think of that I'd like to see in this plugin (from pg sabre):

-Light list
-Translucency shader

You could (probably) do both of these already by making your own, but the above functions were really cool for making quick SSS with like 5 simple params.

Exper
03-04-2005, 10:56 AM
Light list and Translucency shader should be very appreciated!

I'm happy as it currently is... a great free plugin! :thumbsup:

Not had much time to investigate due to a very bad computer crash occured yesterday (finished restoring just now).

This is an animated trivial Test (http://xoomer.virgilio.it/hobos/lw_forum/ST/ShaderTree_test2.html).

Take care about...
Dark blue: Lights hit here
Gray: Lights don't hit here
Red: Shadows hit here

duke
03-08-2005, 02:32 PM
Just a heads up that 2 revisions have been released since the beginning of this post (0.40, now 0.43). Includes fixes and a translucency shader (with blur function)! Hoorah!

http://www.dukecg.net/translucent.gif

CGTalk Moderation
03-08-2005, 02:32 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.