PDA

View Full Version : From Pal to Ntsc??

Geriss
09-18-2002, 01:33 PM
Hello everybody...

Here is the situation: I have a Combustion Project in pal....so now I should change this project from pal to ntsc, but the problem is when I change pal to ntsc I have a lot of problems...like I have to relocate everything again...I have to change animation , etc.

Here is the question??? Does any knows how to change from pal to Ntsc without relocate everything..

Thank you very much....
:wip:

fred
09-18-2002, 10:55 PM
i guess the easiest way would be to do a pal playout (on digibeta or d1) and have it converted?
retiming animations and all that will be cheaper but i guess it will take you a very long time

wireFrame
09-19-2002, 06:16 AM
I don't know if C2 is capable of changing setup; much less scale setups. One major problem is the aspect ratio factor and there maybe some important movement that could be cropped out of frame (576-486= 90 pixels less vertically on the ntsc). Critical if it involves a video clip.

You need to retranslate everything that're affected or redo everything if you're not satisfied by just moving the animation curves in the timeline editor.

You can also zoomout a bit in the pal setup and just change the frame rate somewhere in the preferences even if you're still on pal.

Sometimes it's easier to do it again than to figure out how to convert your setup to ntsc.

:shrug:

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.