PDA

View Full Version : some problem in 16 bit color by MtoR

singyin
02-27-2005, 12:14 PM
i am a new beginner to MtoR. i want to render 16 bit color output. Here is my setting i MtoR
Render Global:Display Server tiff/Display Resolution 1280 1024/Quantize "rgba" 65535 0 65535 0.5. i am using a CRT Monitor.

When i use the RenderMan Framebuffer (sho command) to see the output image.....the result is correct.....but when i see the 16 bit image in shake 2.51.....the image look like being posterized especially the gradient from the brightest region to the darkness region......More worest, when i output the 16 bit image into a 8 bit image from shake.....those posterized look also consists in that 8 bit image

Is that my monitor problem.....or my wrong setting in MtoR

mrloco
03-01-2005, 03:11 PM
From what i know, this is cause by decreasing the number of bits in the image...16 bit images cant hold as much information as 32 bit, so that information is sacrificed in the amount of colors the image uses. That means that everything is working fine, thats just how it works. I really do hope I am right....http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/shrug.gif

rendermaniac
03-02-2005, 03:23 PM
That sounds a bit weird. From the command line run

sho -i yourimage.tif

to check that you are getting a 16 bit image out. You don't inadvertently have a weird viewer script on in Shake do you? If you add a "bytes" node (in other usually) to explicitly say it is 16 bit does it still look the same?

It sounds like you are doing things correctly. Does fcheck show it properly as well?

Simon

CGTalk Moderation
03-02-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.