PDA

View Full Version : skeleton attatching

truefact
02-27-2005, 09:15 AM
First off all, I'm new here and I can't search all the old threads for my question... I'm sorry if my question is very old.

I need to connect a skeleton to a mechanic model. I tried to use the soft and rigid bind methods but didn't work well with me becuase of the influence it makes. I tried to reduce the skin weights by adjusting the max influence opthion to 0 but nothing happened.

How can I attach a sekelton - with IKs - to a mechanic model in a way won't cause influence?

Many thanks in advance...

Sphere♥
02-27-2005, 12:49 PM
By mechanic I assume you mean a robot (rather than a guy who fixes cars ;) ). I think what you want is not to skin but to parent. Try simply going to the Outliner (Window->Outliner...) and use your middle mouse button to drag and drop the model's body parts onto the related skeleton bones.

JohnPark
02-27-2005, 04:00 PM
I agree with Sphere♥, parenting will work perfectly for this. (If you're certain you want to bind, you can change your bind method to Selected Joints instead of Complete Skeleton. Now, you'll pick one rigid section of your model plus one single joint and do the bind.)
-JP

CGTalk Moderation
02-27-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.