PDA

View Full Version : Maya 6.5 Hardware renderer

__VilliN__
02-26-2005, 11:26 PM
When maya loads, the output window states
"Pixel shading extensions insufficient to support hardware rendering."
In previous versions my "massive" 512 mb of ram would support this modest feature with ease, any advice?

Jozvex
02-27-2005, 01:39 AM
It's your video card rather than your ram that the Hardware Renderer relies on. I think 6.5 probably introduced new pixel shaders that your card may not support.

I'm not really sure though.

Buexe
02-27-2005, 11:30 AM
I think maya checks if your graphics card supports directx 9 cgfx shader effects. @ work I have a gforce something card which supports those effects, but even our programmers are not able to get those up and running.

Sparkle
02-28-2005, 08:49 AM
I have exactly the same Problem. Funny thing is, that I have used the hardware render with Maya 6 and now can't get it to run on 6.5. When I recently switched back to 6.0 for some Plugs that wheren't yet compatible with 6.5 (having both installed at the same time) it also didn't work.
The whole thing doesn't matter too much to me at this time because I'm not planning to use any hardware particles in Maya soon but in the future I'd really like to see this working (I've seen some neat effects done with these). Maybe there is some hidden option, that will disable the additional DX9 features and make the hardware rendering work.
Just for an info, I have a ATI Radeon 9200.

CGTalk Moderation
02-28-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.