PDA

View Full Version : Boujou

ralphgmr
02-26-2005, 11:11 PM
Hi, I am having some problems with boujou. We shot an actor in a bluescreen studio with markers all over the place. I used the Track It! button to calculate the tracking. Its doing red crosses all over the place. But when I do the camera solving it ignores most of the red crosses and is doing some crazy stuff. Like creating 2 cameras. May I use locators that at some point get out of the screen? May I use locators that get in the screen at some point (imagine moving backwards)?

michaeljr
02-27-2005, 06:01 AM
I dont use Boujou, but I have a feeling some strange things are happening with your footage.

Here are some things to check.

What kind of camera motion it is?
Make sure you adjust for lens distortion?
Make sure you have enough markers that are contrasting with the bluescreen. Something like pink or white to make sure the 3d tracker can keep them.
Do you have tracking markers on all 3 dimensions? you need more than just a flat wall, you will need something on the floor, or out in space for the tracker to figure out 3d. Maybe place a light stand or some hanging ping pong balls in the camera view, but out of the way of your actors.

you can use trackers that "leave" the camera view, but you need to make sure you have enough in the view port for it to contiune then you can start and stop those markers that go away, or you may manually track them when you have mistakes.

If you have never done it before I would suggest doing the tutorials first, this isn't a 1 2 3 kind of thing.

CGTalk Moderation
02-27-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.