PDA

View Full Version : Chain in maya

csc2h
02-26-2005, 07:49 PM
Ok, I'm modelling a trebuchet and am going to model it launching a flaming ball for studying dynamics and animation. I need to make a chain that is rolled up and another dynamic chain so I can have the thing like realistically launched.... What I need is if there is a way in Maya 6.0 that I can draw a curve, and perhaps duplicate a chain along that curve or just duplicate a torus along the curve.... ??????

ooz
02-27-2005, 01:41 PM
ok im just throwing out ideas here, never tried this and i dont know if it will work, but here goes:

ok set up a skeleton with the number of joints = the number of chain pieces u want. attach an IKspline to it. now u got a skeleton controlled by a curve. now make ur chain pieces and parent them to the joints...

ofcourse theres the issue of the chains interlocking but maybe that helped in starting a chain of thought for u :)

CGTalk Moderation
02-27-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.