PDA

View Full Version : Emily and the Babayaga

Andrew W
02-26-2005, 01:48 PM
Emily and the Babayaga (http://www.thebabayaga.com/) is a short CG animated film made in the north of England. The producer on the project is Siobhan Fenton, who was my animation lecturer at college. I think the finished project premiered at Animex this year. There is a teaser trailer on the site and now I can't wait to see the whole thing. It's good to see local arts bodies in the UK getting behind small productions like this. Long may it continue.

A

playmesumch00ns
02-26-2005, 02:20 PM
Well, that certainly got my attention! Hope I can get to see the whole thing sometime.

I agree it's great to see arts council funding going to independent animation projects. My second-hand experience with arts councils is that it's pot luck which projects they decide to back and has as much to do with fashion and what side of the bed they got out of that morning as anything else...

grifgont
03-01-2005, 02:03 PM
http://www.thebabayaga.com/ not available...

Radrumme
09-16-2005, 08:29 PM
There has been alot more updates on the site of late. If anybody is still interested...check 'em out. hopefully it will be coming to a festivel near you soon.

iainbanks
09-17-2005, 04:56 PM
Ah nice one...few of the people who worked on it were my lecturers and tutors....Good luck to them

white dragon
09-17-2005, 08:23 PM
Same here, can't wait to see their work! Both Siobhan and Clive Tonge were great tutors, if their animation is only half as funny and interesting as some of their lectures then it'll be great.

Rye
09-18-2005, 03:04 AM
Looks sweet!

Anyone remember the babyaga house in Quest for Glory? You had to say something to get the house to come down, can't remember what it was.

FridayEve
09-18-2005, 06:41 AM
"house of brown now sit down"

I feel bad that i still remember that.....

Rye
09-18-2005, 07:42 AM
YEAH! haha thanks :)

CGTalk Moderation
09-18-2005, 07:42 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.