PDA

View Full Version : First character animation

mrloco
02-26-2005, 12:47 PM
After experimenting with LowMax (free rigged character) for about two hours I made this (http://s18.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3JT5JLCSYKOBC34VL7LDO4NIHJ). The Idea is that he's really drunk, falls over, and doesn't bother to get up, so he falls asleep.Any suggestions as to what i can add/modify are welcome. Keep in mind that this is the first time i've done this. Cheers

mrloco
02-26-2005, 05:11 PM
no responses? is it that bad?

Mungo J
02-26-2005, 05:30 PM
it's often hard to get responses, specially now as it's weekend, there are threads in the general discussion (i think kanga started one a while ago...) suggesting ways of getting people to give you the feedback you desire, i see it as a privilege now, that way it is a nice surprise if people do offer opinions,

to improve your piece i think maybe the spine could bend a bit more, and have the shoulders leading the swaying of the head a bit more, and exaggerate the arms some,

also when he falls over his feet stay flat on the floor, which looks a bit odd, i think his shoulders should lead the fall, (at the mo his back stays straight) and his hands should have secondary motion (not fall the same time he does) and could look good with some drunken flailing, i do like his contentedness on the floor tho, very fitting.

Richard Williams' 'the animator's survival kit' has a useful peice (near the back i think) on animating drunkeness, where he explains (from observation) how the different limbs have a life of their own, and move in arcs which are entirely unrelated to each other.

hope this helps.

mrloco
02-28-2005, 03:48 PM
wow, thanks!, i liked your crit. I will update this when i get to adding the tuff you talked about.

Mungo J
02-28-2005, 07:52 PM
glad to hear it was of use!

you could return the favour if you liked! i'm always looking for crit... bout to update my wip, let me know what you think!

can't wait to see more.

CGTalk Moderation
02-28-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.