PDA

View Full Version : Yeah! Bonus Trailer Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy out now!

Solothores
02-26-2005, 08:11 AM
The new trailer can be found here:
http://www.ugo.com/

Ride on! :)

BRUTICUS
02-26-2005, 08:39 AM
THIS is how movie trailers SHOULD be made.

mmkelly011881
02-26-2005, 09:01 AM
HAHA thats awesome... id heard of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy before but i never pictured actually wanting to see the movie or read the book... based on this and the other teaser (which i just watched as well) i want to do both!

GREAT AD!

sphere
02-26-2005, 09:19 AM
Excellent! I enjoyed reading the books and have been looking forward to this film.

Hahah, that is the best trailer I think I've ever seen. So typical of Douglas Adams' style. The film looks great and the effects have obviously come along way since the BBC series was made. It looks as though the guy that plays Arthur is the guy from The Office.

Btw, you can view the other trailer at http://hitchhikers.movies.go.com/trailers/

splintah
02-26-2005, 09:32 AM
how can anybody not have read the book ?

really looking foward to it
i hope it is a tripple feature
not just a single movie

JeroenDStout
02-26-2005, 09:51 AM
:applause: ROFL-the-ROFL-the-ROFL... that was so terribly funny...

And Mavin's voice works... "Oh for heavens' sake..."

Phynix
02-26-2005, 12:01 PM
I LOOOOOOOOOOVE MARVIN! he made me read all books about 5 times
he is so terrible funny. if they just brought half of this into the movie it is going to be the funniest movie ever! and so far i admire Marvin's design (though i think the head is a little bit to bit :/ )

BRUTICUS
02-26-2005, 12:25 PM
The best thing about the Guide is that yeah its a comedy but still has tiimeless intelligent science fiction plots and story.

As I said in the other guide thread. Im anticipating this more than Ep3. And im no star wars basher.

Im psyched, I want this movie to be just dripping with satire, and this trailer is a great indication of such!

AJ
02-26-2005, 12:42 PM
That is the most I've ever laughed watching a trailer.

Excellent!

Matt-Bortolino
02-26-2005, 01:27 PM
Am I alone in thinking that this is one of the most visually dull & uninventive sci-fi flicks to be churned out of Hollywood in recent years? Setting aside all the typical cliched one-liners, head-cocking & slapstick action in the trailer (which although this new one pokes fun at, I'm sure that's what we'll get in the end), how can you take such rich source material from a writer with a brilliantly inventive conceptual imagination & make a film as bland & generic looking?

The spaceships seem to be primitive geometry with a greeble modifier applied (I could make that Vogon ship in 3dsmax in a few mouse clicks), the Guide UI itself looks like a student's Flash project & the overall production design doesn't seem to be an improvement over the old BBC tv series. In fact the old show seemed much more colourful & fun, & the graphics still look great today:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/hitchhikers/gallery/images/340/babel3.jpg

t-toe
02-26-2005, 01:29 PM
I hope a quicktime version of that trailer surfaces at some point or another. this movie looks hilarious!

Martin_G_3D
02-26-2005, 01:56 PM
Only reason so far i wanted to go see Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy was that the Serenity trailer will launch with it in theaters, but now I'm highly interested in the movie itself too

dimension10
02-26-2005, 02:40 PM
Nice, is that Tim from the Office? I was wondering what he was up to.

BRUTICUS
02-26-2005, 03:14 PM
Am I alone in thinking that this is one of the most visually dull & uninventive sci-fi flicks to be churned out of Hollywood in recent years? Setting aside all the typical cliched one-liners, head-cocking & slapstick action in the trailer (which although this new one pokes fun at, I'm sure that's what we'll get in the end), how can you take such rich source material from a writer with a brilliantly inventive conceptual imagination & make a film as bland & generic looking?

The spaceships seem to be primitive geometry with a greeble modifier applied (I could make that Vogon ship in 3dsmax in a few mouse clicks), the Guide UI itself looks like a student's Flash project & the overall production design doesn't seem to be an improvement over the old BBC tv series. In fact the old show seemed much more colourful & fun, & the graphics still look great today:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/hitchhikers/gallery/images/340/babel3.jpg

I hear you man, there is so many things in the designs of ships and characters id do differently, but you know what, thats not what this movie is about, its about the genius story and ideas behind it all man, seriously. Im not sure it would have the same appeal if everything was taken so seriously. Maybe im just fanboy of the source material. But its secondary to me in this film.

Still I would love to see a version where the movie went if the premise was taken more seriously. I think the film could stand, with the tone of the movie taken in many different directions.

Damn, im a nerd.

JDex
02-26-2005, 04:38 PM
Yes! Great (really frikken great!) trailer.

Bruticus is right... this movie will (hopefully) not be made or broken on design... the wit and genius of the story is terrific... the BBC version was great and it was made for like $200. :D

laber
02-26-2005, 05:57 PM
haha, awesome! :thumbsup:

Geta-Ve
02-26-2005, 06:20 PM
wow thats so insanely awesome.

at first i was bumed out by some of the designs, but once i found out DA had a huge part in the making of the script i was happy. As long as he gives the OK for the movie then im ok with it.

it might not be word for word h2g2 but its still DA's wit and humour.

Stormy151
02-26-2005, 11:53 PM
Is there a higher-res version of the bonus trailer availiable? It's hilarious!

JDex
02-27-2005, 12:48 AM
LOL I can't stop watching this trailer.

You know how DVDs have been having the trailers included from time to time lately? This is the first one that I want to be on the DVD.

Simon
02-27-2005, 01:09 AM
Stop the trailer (forgotten which one) just as he hits his alarm clock. Hes got his BBC actors namebadge on the table. And a book on slapstick.. hahaha.

Spater
02-27-2005, 01:55 AM
The only trailer I love more than this is Jerry Seinfeld comedian, I kept on laughing spontaniously for a week after watching it.

Clanger
02-28-2005, 04:59 PM
Yep, the funnest trailer I've ever seen and I've seen quite a few.

bluemagicuk
02-28-2005, 05:13 PM
Instant classic .:thumbsup: this is gonna rock

tevih
02-28-2005, 05:59 PM
:applause: ROFL-the-ROFL-the-ROFL... that was so terribly funny...

And Mavin's voice works... "Oh for heavens' sake..."

lol, yea that was great! That HAS to be alan rickman's voice!

I was nervous about these books being made into a movie, but this just may work!! :D can't wait!

"...deep voice, that sounds like its coming from a man who is seven feet tall and has been smoking since childhood..." ROFL! :scream:

Simon
02-28-2005, 08:12 PM
hey,

I cant get back onto the ugo site?!

Can sumone link me to the new trailer.

Selassie
03-03-2005, 08:46 PM
There is a hi-res QuickTime trailer on movie-list
I don't think it was posted here...

http://www.movie-list.com/trailers.php?id=hitchhikersguidetothegalaxy

Para
03-03-2005, 09:10 PM
laFontaine-related joke cracked me up, this is one of the funniest trailers I've seen for a while :)

jmBoekestein
03-03-2005, 11:35 PM
Yeah you punk-ass gits, now you bipedal foetoids will finally learn the meaning of suffering!

What?

Yes?

Nooooooh!!!

Geta-Ve
03-04-2005, 01:04 AM
There is a hi-res QuickTime trailer on movie-list
I don't think it was posted here...

http://www.movie-list.com/trailers.php?id=hitchhikersguidetothegalaxy

Thank You!! :bowdown:

btw, am I the only one that thinks zaphod is going to totally steal the show! oh man, judging just from his parts in the trailer he looks like hes going to be so incredibley funny and awesome!

man i seriously cant wait for this :D This is honestly my most anticipated movie EVER!

Lordiego01
03-04-2005, 07:39 PM
where is this movie being produced? Anybody knows?

CGTalk Moderation
03-04-2005, 07:39 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.