PDA

View Full Version : Blendshape and bone animation

fanmap81
02-25-2005, 10:49 PM
i have a character that im trying to animate and im not sure exactly how to go about animating the face on the head, and at the same time, have the body animated, so that the head and body move together as one unit while im able to change the facial expressions. I skinned a model to a skeleton and animated it, and it works fine, then i seperate the head faces from the body faces and it still animates fine. Now when i try to duplicate the head in order to make blend shapes, and animate the body, the head seperates from the body and does not move along with the body anymore. What is the workflow for this kind of animation because ive been dying to know for the longest while. Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks

P.S.- i also wish to detail the character in zbrush, would love the generated displacement to flow across both head and body to look as one piece since the character has no shirt. Appreciate any input. Thanks

fanmap81
02-26-2005, 04:31 AM
ok now im reading this animation book(Maya Character Creation-Modeling and animation controls) that tells me to seperate the head from body after skinning, then make blend shapes. It also says that if the body moves without the head when testing the blend shapes, that im supposed to put the blendShape node under the skinCluster node in using right-click on the head, then selecting all inputs. A window noe comes up, in which im then to proceed dragging blendShape node under skinCluster node with middle mouse button. But nothing is happening....the nodes wont move. the book says that after i change the order around, the head and body should move together fine. But as i just said, i cant switch the nodes around....Any ideas anyone?

thematt
02-26-2005, 11:04 AM
are you using the MMB ? sorry if it sounds stupid but that could be why.

cheers

CGTalk Moderation
02-26-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.