PDA

View Full Version : The President of Lucasarts Talks!

Lord3d2
02-25-2005, 08:39 PM
http://www.theindyexperience.com/tie_lite/february_2005.shtml#0000554

He talks about the future of Lucasarts and its games.

What do you think?

JDex
02-25-2005, 09:07 PM
OT: LOL, based on your subject my first thought was "Was he a mute?"

I'll give it a read in a bit.

Cheers.

Lord3d2
02-25-2005, 09:16 PM
LOL

I really hope Lucasarts can shappen up and be a better company.

Azmodan Kijur
02-25-2005, 09:24 PM
While I would really like to believe that they will turn around, I have played some of their recent games. Farmed out projects are generally good (Knights) but in-house projects seem to grasp too hard at dubious tie-ins to the franchise. A fighter pilot that uses the force at the same time? Gimme a break.

Boone
02-26-2005, 08:38 PM
Well, I'm going to give the guy the benefit of the doubt because he has the guts to admit that they've gone down hill a tad.

But what I want to know is if we are finally going to see an end to those bloody trips down the death-star trench and the battle of Hoth! :banghead:

I really loved the games where they explored the Star Wars universe from new angles and characters. Nothing will ever beat Tie Fighter and Dark Forces I & II( Jedi Knight )! :bounce:

Lord3d2
02-26-2005, 08:39 PM
Yeah those are great games

SpiralFace
02-26-2005, 11:14 PM
so instead of re-stimulateing the creative department, your main focus is to just simulate used up IP's and make bad game licences into mediocre ones? No offence to the Indiana Jones IP, but its been stagnent for years becuase its based heavily around a movie licence, but the movies have'nt been out since the 80's. At least Bond has had movies in the past 5 years, and thats what keeps a movie licence IP recognizable to newer consumers that might not have grown up in the time of the Indiana Jones movies. Which seems to be the target audiance for those games.

Lunatique
02-27-2005, 01:30 AM
I had mixed feelings about the interview. On one hand, I think it's awesome that he was honest about the amount of crap games they've made and intend to remedy the situation. On the other hand, I can't believe he just straight out DODGED the question about reviving high quality adventure games--which is what Lucasarts most famous for. He could've gave an explanation about the lack of adventure games, and if they have any intention to touch them ever again. I really think if they want to guide the company into a better future, they should come up with ways to innovate the adventure genre for todays' market. You can only milk Star Wars or Indiana Jones for so long, and their repuation already suffers for doing it.

CGTalk Moderation
02-27-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.