PDA

View Full Version : The Amityville Horror Remake Trailer

Solothores
02-25-2005, 05:01 PM
Watch the trailer premiere for the remake of the horror classic, 'The Amityville Horror,' starring Ryan Reynolds ('Blade: Trinity') and Melissa George ('Sugar and Spice')

http://movies.yahoo.com/movies/feature/theamityvillehorror.html

Have fun! ;)

jeffthomann
02-25-2005, 07:13 PM
Why go and screw with a cult classic?

flipnap
02-25-2005, 10:15 PM
cuz that thing looks scary thats why

alexyork
02-25-2005, 11:42 PM
Amityville = seriously good horror movie.

Ryan Reynolds etc + Amityville = cash-in.

It'll probably be a good movie. But then I'd expect it to be, since it's based on a fantastic original.

Gentle Fury
02-26-2005, 03:45 PM
So, was I like the only person in the world that thought the original Amityville Horror, was really really boring, and totally sucked?

Not scary at all, and the ending seemed like they ran out of money and just had to release it.

Sorry for unpopular opinion of this supposed "Cult" classic......but to each his own ;)

leigh
02-27-2005, 02:05 AM
Hey cool, I had no idea they were remaking this! I was also disappointed in the original film, which I felt was long and boring and not nearly as terrifying as the book. This trailer certainly looks promising.

Just one thing sticks out in this trailer - I read the book years and years ago but I am sure that the Jody character that manifested itself to the girl was in the form of a small pig.

Gamoron
02-27-2005, 02:28 AM
http://www.amityvillemurders.com/capitalizing.html

dotTom
02-27-2005, 09:48 AM
There isn't a single original idea or image in this trailer. Then again it's not badly done, just boring. I guess over a 18 month period it'll make enough money on domestic and international to be "worth it" for the studio, but as a fan of the genre my first reaction is: "Next."

slaughters
02-27-2005, 02:30 PM
Why go and screw with a cult classic?Cult Classic? The original movie blew major chunks in terms of stupidity and it's abiliity to even vaguly follow the books story line.

CGTalk Moderation
02-27-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.