PDA

View Full Version : Displacement with weightmap control

dickma
02-25-2005, 06:09 AM
Is it possible in LW?

I would like to fake wind blowing on the plants but the geometry is too complex to create endomorphs. So I would like to do it with displacement map with null moving control. But some parts I would like to use weightmap to define displacement parts like 0% is fixed and vice versa.

SplineGod
02-25-2005, 06:17 AM
Just create the weight maps as you described. Apply the displacement then apply a gradient with the input parameter set to weight map and the blending mode set to alpha.

Triple G
02-25-2005, 06:27 AM
I don't have LW in front of me right now, but I'm fairly certain you can do this with gradients. Set up your displacement map, and make a gradient layer above it, and set the input to your weight map and set its blending mode to alpha. Adjust the values so that the gradient fades out at 100% and is at full strength at 0% (assuming you put the weight map at full strength on the parts you want to move, if not, reverse these values). Hope that made sense....it's late here and my thought patterns are a bit scattered... :hmm:

CGTalk Moderation
02-25-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.