PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter storyboards

CodeNothing
02-24-2005, 11:28 PM
Hey, i noticed that in the storyboard and concept creation there were almost no storyboards. :rolleyes:

so i decided to post some work i did as practice for a job i have coming up. I used the 5th book of the harry potter series. I used rough pencil sketches, then inked them with pen, and made value studies for lighting and mood with prismacolor greyscale markers.

you can see them on my site: Codenothingart.com

there is a link to them in the news section, or click on "sketchbook" and click on the last thumbnail.

I tried to post a direct link to the storyboards, but it wasnt working.

kamsvag
02-25-2005, 12:32 AM
Hey, i noticed that in the storyboard and concept creation there were almost no storyboards. :rolleyes:

so i decided to post some work i did as practice for a job i have coming up. I used the 5th book of the harry potter series. I used rough pencil sketches, then inked them with pen, and made value studies for lighting and mood with prismacolor greyscale markers.

you can see them on my site: Codenothingart.com

there is a link to them in the news section, or click on "sketchbook" and click on the last thumbnail.

I tried to post a direct link to the storyboards, but it wasnt working.

The pannels and the text looks profesional, though I'd like to se a comment after each shot with the type of transition to the next shot, even though they might just be cuts. You're drawings and framing are excellent, nothing to remark on what you've done. Splendid to see your storyboards.

Cheers!

Ilikesoup
02-25-2005, 04:41 AM
I saw them on your site the other day and have been meaning to compliment you on them. Beautiful work and nice perspective for each shot. Your pencils remind me of Mark Texiera's (Ghost Rider).

zagor
02-25-2005, 07:00 AM
pretty impressive work....those books can definately run your imagination as an artist....all your panels look very clear in expressing the emotion .... i could learn alot from you:) ...i saw your other work on your website too....nice characters...specially the monkey....it reminded me of "ABU" from alladin...one of my favourite animation movies !!

the rabbit with the roller blades and rockets looks pretty good too..:thumbsup:

thank you for sharing your work....greatly inspired by you:buttrock:

tatiana
02-27-2005, 05:04 PM
I do like your Harry Potter storyboard! Made me want to re-read the book. Again. :)

Just one tiny quibble about the overall content of your website: you have rather a lot of spelling mistakes throughout...would really improve the professional quality if you fixed those errors.

Best of luck on the upcoming job that you mentioned!

t

CGTalk Moderation
02-27-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.