PDA

View Full Version : Boujou & Max: grid/ground plane problem

ralphgmr
02-24-2005, 11:11 PM
Hi! I'm doing some tests using boujou 2.1 and I'm having some problems importing the camera into max that I didn't have in Maya. I did the whole process of tracking/camera solving and describing geometry (where actually we set where and how the grid/ground plane should appear). Everything looks perfect in boujou. I opened the exported file in maya and everything looks also perfect. But when I opened the exported script in Max the grid position is off/rotated. WHY?!?!?!?!? :banghead:

interference
02-25-2005, 12:51 AM
hi,
set in boujou to "Z up Y forward" in your 3D camera orientation option/pref ?
maybe your problem is here

ralphgmr
02-25-2005, 02:00 AM
:thumbsup:

Wow, now I'm impressed!! It works! Thank you very much! How did you find that out? But I didn't quite understand why it worked before in maya and it didn't in max. The global xyz of both softwares are interpreted different? It means now that if I set my grid in boujou and want to work with maya I will have to set the options back to default (y up z back)?
Thanks man, I think I would take days to find that out by myself :bounce: ... and I would not have those because project with VERY TIGHT deadline starts tomorrow!

andy_maxman
02-25-2005, 12:26 PM
yes, max uses z - up and maya uses y - up......

Ian Jones
02-26-2005, 12:26 AM
yep, coords are different. I beleive max's system is based off CAD conventions. If you want more info, do a search in the max forums, I remember a topic somewhere which discussed the specific details.

CGTalk Moderation
02-26-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.