View Full Version : Flower of Weirdness

Falcorr
02-24-2005, 09:27 PM
Hi guys!
Here is a pretty weird outcome from me.
its the flower of weirdness.

Worth finishing?
Pretty? Ugly?

I dont think im gonna add any human element.. Theyre too hard...
Should i?

Squibbit
02-24-2005, 09:34 PM
nice colours, very planty

make it weird

Swizzle
02-24-2005, 10:35 PM
I like it. It reminds me of some sort of birds all stuck together or something.

I'd say you should add a bit more detail, give it a certain point of interest. Give it a background maybe, add some more flowers, just keep going. I think it's a pretty neat idea, it seems to flow. Go farther.

Walrusmann
02-25-2005, 01:31 AM
i definitly think it has potential you could make that cool mass of color into some very nice eye candy and who knows you could even freak some people out in the process:eek: :)

zagor
02-25-2005, 01:55 AM
hey...i agree with swizzle stick....its looking pretty cool so far but u can go the extra mile and give it that brilliant touch of detail....keep going...good stuff :thumbsup:

William b. Hand
02-25-2005, 02:53 AM
I like this weird flower! There's something rather convincing about it in all it's unpredictable colour and shape... Those things on the top (stamens?) could maybe use a little more detail, I think, but the only real change that I would very much like to see is a different background colour or even a suggestion of terrain and sky... anything but that current grey.

Falcorr
02-25-2005, 05:53 PM
Squibbit: Sure thing! :)
swizzle stick: Thanx for the bird idea! i developed it further hope you like it now.
Walrusmann: Heh let me know when it starts to freak people :)
zagor: Thanx man.
William b. Hand: Im going to draw some mountains in the background.. Maybe even moon?

I received 5 reply! That means that pic is worth a little bit more effort :thumbsup:
Im updating the pic on the starter thread. Check it out!

William b. Hand
02-25-2005, 06:50 PM
That's cool. Good update.

... Why are you not posting the image so that it simply displays with the thread?
... You know: the good ol' Bracket IMG Bracket url address Bracket Fwd.Slash IMG bracket ?

:shrug:

Squibbit
02-25-2005, 07:05 PM
typically weird from u..heh , wonder how u come up with that stuff ... keep at it :thumbsup:

walrus
02-25-2005, 07:16 PM
It's really pretty, the colors are very alluring. I'm having some trouble making out the form, and might have had a hard time identifying it as a flower if you hadn't called it that. But maybe it'll become clearer in further passes. Good luck with it!

-mike

Falcorr
02-25-2005, 07:20 PM
William b. Hand :

I dont know how i can upload stuff to website. I think i have empty webpage room which came up with my internet connection. Havent really tried out anything with it.
Since its easy to upload stuff during challenges no hassle during them.
Id propably also get more people commenting if id be able to use my webpage somehow.

Squibbit:

You already know the answer to that! By not thinking hard enough. Would you believe this picture started out as a nude playboy model which i was painting from a model. At some stage i noticed myself drawing more and more and i had stopped thinking. By that time i had the weird flower in my computer screen. Be lucky and try to spot a part of that girl!
:D

Walrus:

Thanx! I agree with the colors. Im going to change the picture by making 2 bird stand out in the picture, but ill keep the plant like appear everywhere. Gotta be patient and try to finish this one. Outpost guy sketch suffered the lack of effort conclusion.

Just spending my time for the next challenge. Ah learned lots of stuff by these practise pictures.

Falcorr
02-27-2005, 03:10 PM
Some more work on the sky. Still having problems with the fact i started painting without proper lineart. Gotta try to get my techniques more integrated.

Any ideas for the pic? Or reference pictures of animals of sorts or plants.

*updating starter thread*

Walrusmann
02-28-2005, 09:48 PM
if you tweaked this guy to look a little more vicious id have nighmares man good stuff

Falcorr
03-01-2005, 06:26 PM
Thanx Walrusmann :)
But im not really planning to make it scary picture. Otherwise i wouldnt havent named it a flower. Some other time maybe?

Here is an update.. Im trying to lessen the impact of lower part of the picture

Not really sure is it a step in better direction..
*updating starter thread*

Walrusmann
03-01-2005, 08:59 PM
i knew you werent planning to make it scary but it still has that feel to me but thats what i like about this so dont let my two cents effect you to much buddy:thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
03-01-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.