PDA

View Full Version : finalRender Stage-2 Preview Page

Edwin Braun
02-24-2005, 01:29 PM
I juts want to inform you that I have put up our webpage about finalRender Stage-2 so that you all can follow a bit the steps we have in our development of finalRender for Maya.

.......... more information can be found at : http://www.finalrender.com/news/rea...-35-788&NID=103 (http://www.finalrender.com/news/read.php?UD=10-7888-35-788&NID=103)

Or the product preview page at: http://www.finalrender.com/products...8-35-788&PID=52 (http://www.finalrender.com/products/products.php?UD=10-7888-35-788&PID=52)

regards
edwin

Koogle
02-24-2005, 03:52 PM
will there be distrubuted bucket rendering available in the maya release of final render?

Edwin Braun
02-24-2005, 06:30 PM
Distributed Bucket Rendering will be a central part of finalRender Stage-2. In fact we are looking forward to getting our new DR system working without any software platform "behind". As we have it working now in 3ds max it gives us a hard time to overcome all those "anomalies" and funny restrictions that are built into 3ds max.

We do not have a fixed feature set about the "final" DR system and what it should do, but we want to make sure that this works fully transparent and easy for the Maya user.

We found that most problems with DR rendering are not caused by our system, the funny network windows has to offer is causing us much headache ... :)

edwin

popol
02-24-2005, 06:45 PM
Or the product preview page at: http://www.finalrender.com/products...8-35-788&PID=52

Thanks !

i've got one question,did you plan to make final render support the maya unlimited feature

_________

Sorry for my english:sad:

Vinc
02-24-2005, 07:12 PM
I'm very pleased to see a new solid render enine coming to maya. Just few question....
Will there be support for Linux or MacOSX?
When are you planing to reach final release?
Are you introducing news attributes to object like Mental Ray do in maya, or are you using exclusively existing maya object's attribute?
And then, will we be able to exchange shaders between differents soft ( take shaders from max....)??
Vinc

Jozvex
02-24-2005, 11:57 PM
The rendering of hardware particles looks really nice!

Edwin Braun
02-25-2005, 08:16 AM
eopel veI'm very pleased to see a new solid render enine coming to maya. Just few question....
Will there be support for Linux or MacOSX?
When are you planing to reach final release?
Are you introducing news attributes to object like Mental Ray do in maya, or are you using exclusively existing maya object's attribute?
And then, will we be able to exchange shaders between differents soft ( take shaders from max....)??
Vinc

Yes there will be support for MAC OSX and Linux, however this will be earliest end of this year. We need to finish our Maya Windows implementation at first :)

The idea is to have something ready for sale in about 2 months or so. However, this depends on how much surprises we will hit within Maya SDK :) but for now this looks really cool. We could overcome many of the restrictions so far.

Yes there are a few new Attributes as finalRender ofefrs features like no other renderer has, so we have to add those little gadgets somewhere! But the most general properties liek shadow casting, visbility and so on is done through Maya attributes. So you do not need to change your scene a lot, only if you wish to fine tune or use the new gadgets fR has to offer.

The shading system we are devloping right now is completly new and it is not existent in 3ds max right now. Maya will be the first platform to see finalRender Stage-2. As soon as we manage to offer Stage-2 for other platforms you will be able to use the same shaders everywhere!

edwin

alexx
02-25-2005, 08:24 AM
edwin hey :)

funny. i remember some 7 years ago when we have been on photokina in collogne i introduced you to some alias guys because i wanted cebas to port their plugins to maya.
in those days alias was not really keen on having this.
thank god this changed. really looking forward to final render stage 2.

the question that drives me most: you have already decided about pricing?

is there already a decission about the render nodes? so: will they be free like i think it is with stage 1 and max? that would be awesome!

keep the good news running!

cheers

alexx

kylda
02-25-2005, 08:29 AM
Glad to see this information .I have waiting for it for a long time.:applause:
Can fr st2 render paint effect directly?Converting into polys always drive my crazy.

Edwin Braun
02-25-2005, 11:34 AM
edwin hey :)

the question that drives me most: you have already decided about pricing?
is there already a decission about the render nodes? so: will they be free like i think it is with stage 1 and max? that would be awesome!
keep the good news running!
cheers
alexx

Pricing is not fixed yet. But you can be sure that it will be a fair and affordable pricing like all of our other plug-ins!

edwin

alexx
02-25-2005, 12:05 PM
yam yam :)

Vinc
02-25-2005, 12:34 PM
That's sound good to me :thumbsup:
I also would know for the kylda question about paint effect support in FR and also for fluid, fur and hair... Thanks
Vinc

neutronic
02-25-2005, 02:23 PM
cebas ... announces the immediate release of their finalRender Stage-2 for Maya webpage. strange it is the first time I see an announce about an announce ... :)

in another way, I will ask you why as for stage-1 and also stage-0, cebas, and in particular edwin.braun have to expose theirself in a manner that in the first you are not able to manage... I mean.. ehy dudes, where's the renderer ???! you announced it one year agÚ or more !!

long life to cebas and edwin.braun .... :scream:

cheers

//n

Edwin Braun
02-25-2005, 06:09 PM
@ neutronic....I do not knwo what you mean, I explained already when things had been announced and why.

We showed a working alpha version within Maya 6.0 last Siggraph (no one else of the competition showed something working at their booth) my math makes this 6 months and when I remember correctly a year has 12 months :D

Anyhow, whatever you wanted to say - fact is that we are working hard on the Maya build and we are having good progress so far.

I'm happy to answer any question
edwin

BillSpradlin
02-25-2005, 06:18 PM
I was trying to figure out if that was a flame or a praise, I guess something was lost in the translation heh.

ronaldomiranda
02-25-2005, 06:20 PM
God bless this new enterprise!

Good luck Edwin!

MunCHeR
02-25-2005, 09:48 PM
hey this is great news for all maya users (I remember being excited about maya for brazil LOL) and it seems some people have cg alzheimers....."I asked you to take out the....oh what a nice picture" hehe

Looking forward to a demo if one is planned :D

MunCH

bmcaff
02-25-2005, 10:06 PM
Also looking forward to seeing the finished product and a even a demo.
Is there any plans to bring FinalToon to maya also? or is this part of finalRender (sorry, not too clear on the finer points of FR as it stands).

pixelmonk
02-26-2005, 08:34 PM
Is there any plans to bring FinalToon to maya also? or is this part of finalRender (sorry, not too clear on the finer points of FR as it stands).

no public beta? Why do only Max users get to play with their plugins before things go final. fR, Brazil, Glu3D (a real working version and not some half-a**ed plugin a la Maya plugin)

Edwin Braun
02-28-2005, 08:03 AM

Yes, finalToon is on the list of things to "bring over". However, we do not have any fixed pricing or bundling ideas right now. It is likely that we go the same road as we do right now with 3ds max, which would mean that we will include it into fR.

edwin

bjoern
02-28-2005, 01:00 PM
@edwin
its a little bit offtopic but, are there plans for porting thinking particels?
Maya's particels feeling very old in front off any rule based particel system (houdini, Max new particel, thinking particels).

@All Mayausers:
Don't miss understod me! Maya's particelsystem is great, BUT! :
If you have two particelsystems, side by side:
1. Maya's normal particels, as we know them

2. Maya's normal particels, as we know them, BUT with rule's based control in an Editor
like the Hypershade for all functrions. Dynamics, expressins, goals etc...
THIS will tripple the Power of Maya's particels....

Edwin Braun
03-01-2005, 08:17 AM
@edwin
its a little bit offtopic but, are there plans for porting thinking particels?
Maya's particels feeling very old in front off any rule based particel system (houdini, Max new particel, thinking particels).

@All Mayausers:
Don't miss understod me! Maya's particelsystem is great, BUT! :
If you have two particelsystems, side by side:
1. Maya's normal particels, as we know them

2. Maya's normal particels, as we know them, BUT with rule's based control in an Editor
like the Hypershade for all functrions. Dynamics, expressins, goals etc...
THIS will tripple the Power of Maya's particels....

Hmm, we have no plans right now for that. And I doubt it wil be an easy task. If I look at the restirctiosn we have right now as a renderer I can imagine as a "core" tool that has to access all kinds of data in Maya it might be impossible. We had luck with 3ds max as there was nothing already there! No dynmics, no real particles nothing...so we coudl build it up form the ground. The same for Cinema4D there it was nowthing so we could build it up from zero. But in Maya you have already particles with many types of possible interactions and getting in between those is always an adventure.
But who knows :)
edwin

MunCHeR
03-01-2005, 10:08 AM
Edwin is final render going to be a windows only product or are there plans for a linux/MAC OS port?

Hope so

MunCH

poly-phobic
03-01-2005, 01:44 PM
any tentative release dates or estimation yet?
plz...

Edwin Braun
03-02-2005, 09:49 AM
Edwin is final render going to be a windows only product or are there plans for a linux/MAC OS port?
Hope so
MunCH

No we plan to support MAC OSX next and then linux.
But there is not specific timing yet.
edwin

Edwin Braun
03-02-2005, 09:57 AM
any tentative release dates or estimation yet?
plz...

Nope, not really. We do not have an absolute release date yet. The progress we are having right now looks promising so far. But we are still prepared to react on urgent wishes of the bigger studios to fine tune the feature set before we release.

edwin

JasonA
03-03-2005, 01:04 AM
I definitely look forward to hearing more about this as the info becomes available. Is it safe to presume that fR will still have all of the GI baking capabilities of its predecessors?

I noticed that your website says that finalRender will support direct rendering of trimmed NURBS surfaces. Will the user still have to define the tessellation settings for NURBS surfaces, or will the surface be rendered directly like PRman?

Also, the edge hardness working as a creasing tool for subd modeling. Thatís very cool, as I've been a bit disappointed with the limited full/partial creasing capabilities directly in Maya. So does this mean that the angle of hardness will be a scaling factor for the smoothed crease?

Edwin Braun
03-03-2005, 08:28 AM
I definitely look forward to hearing more about this as the info becomes available. Is it safe to presume that fR will still have all of the GI baking capabilities of its predecessors?

I noticed that your website says that finalRender will support direct rendering of trimmed NURBS surfaces. Will the user still have to define the tessellation settings for NURBS surfaces, or will the surface be rendered directly like PRman?

Also, the edge hardness working as a creasing tool for subd modeling. Thatís very cool, as I've been a bit disappointed with the limited full/partial creasing capabilities directly in Maya. So does this mean that the angle of hardness will be a scaling factor for the smoothed crease?

Baking isn't implemented yet but it will be. Stage-2 will be able to easily bake textures and GI and whatever comes to your mind :) However, we need to find a clever way of implementing this in Maya. As you know some things are "strange" :) in Maya and we need to learn how we can get inbetween of things. The same is true for Render Passes.

The direct rendeirng of Nurbs was more aimed at the idea that you do not need to worry about your model. FinalRender will tesselate at render time (also view dependent) and you will get a super smooth and nice surface. Stage-2 has an option for direct rendering of ISO surfaces. This will be a future option and not be useful in the first release.

Edge Hardness is not taken automatically as a weighting, however this is a good idea that we might want to implement as an option.

regards
edwin

floze
03-03-2005, 10:07 AM
Baking isn't implemented yet but it will be. Stage-2 will be able to easily bake textures and GI and whatever comes to your mind :)
Oversampled glossy reflections? ;)

romeu
04-09-2005, 10:39 PM
just curious, how it is going, not much updates on the site...:sad:

CGTalk Moderation
04-09-2005, 10:39 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.