PDA

View Full Version : Help- Simulating Ground Concussions

Cathy
02-24-2005, 01:09 PM
Hi Gang -
I'm compositing a castle siege in AE and want to simualte a 'camera shake' type concussion when large rocks hit the ground near the camera POV. I currently have the camera doing a little vertical hop (8 pixels up and down) although this looks okay - there is something *off* about it and I can't figure out what's missing. I've experimented with a bunch of stuff - nothing looks right. Are there any hard and fast rules regarding this effect? I've even resorted to playing my LOR DVD's one frame at a time, trying to see how they did it!

Any help is greatly appreciated!

-Cathy

Aruna
02-24-2005, 04:40 PM
It could look off because you might just be doing a 2D move, as opposed to having several different layers jump around.. Are you just moving your camera in Y? Try adding some X motion to that. Another thing that could be making it look off is that you if you ARE moving a 2D image, then all objects on screen are staticly connected to one another (ie, there's no parallax change when you move your camera). Try simulating parallax by putting several layers at different Z depths, and try doing your camera shake again.. Your closer layers will bounce around a little bit more than your further layers.

Cathy
02-24-2005, 07:32 PM
Hey - thanks so very much! Great ideas - none of which I'd thought of.

CGTalk Moderation
02-24-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.