PDA

View Full Version : Cebas stage-2 for maya page online

MarkusB
02-24-2005, 12:25 PM
HI all,

now the stage-2 for maya page is online at http://www.cebas.com/products/products.php?UD=10-7888-35-788&PID=52

..and take a look under history and read what will come in 2006 beside MAX and MAYA :thumbsup:

-Markus

Koogle
02-24-2005, 02:14 PM
can't wait.. Maya could do with some more competition in the rendering department ;)

poly-phobic
02-24-2005, 06:25 PM
this has been announced since lat maya 5 early 6 release.
we may have to wait a little more longer.

yog
02-24-2005, 06:43 PM
can't wait..
You will likely have to.
As Vladimir said, this was anounced over a year ago, and Cebas aren't the quickest movers in the biz. Their estimate for Final Render Stage-1 was one month, turned out to be nearer eighteen months. The disclaimers "These are very early stages and screen shots", don't fill me with an awful lot of hope for a quick release.

As much as I have personal issues with the customer care attitude of some people at Cebas (I'm sure MAX users know who I mean ;)), I have to admit that Final Render is a very good product, and I would very much like to see it ported to other software applications.
.... I'm just not holding my breath :p

Edwin Braun
02-25-2005, 08:31 AM
Just to clarify, Stage-2 was announced Last Siggraph and the release was estimated Q1 in 2005. So right now nothing is late :)

If we exactly hit the Q1 (end of March) I do not know. We will see how much hurdles we might hit. But for now it looks like we are not so bad this time. Our Beta team is slowly growing and we have some of the biggest studios amongst them. If they start crying for a new big must have feature we might choose to delay a bit the release to make Stage-2 even better than planned.

The delay for Stage-1 was not all our fault (juts to bring back some memories). In the past the DCP program and the ideas Discreet had or changed all time killed the final release of the Stage-1 for 3ds max. It was and still is the only certified 3rd party renderer for 3ds max - and this has cost us a lot of delay we could not control at all. The damage is on our side and Discreet keeps on like nothing happened. It is the way such big deals seem to work :(

edwin

RichardBlank
02-25-2005, 08:46 AM
Finally something good comes to Maya! Soon we can render those hires texture without Maya crashing;)

MarkusB
02-25-2005, 09:04 AM
of course I am biased at this point, but I am really happy that cebas takes the time, if we think of a feature that is very usefull, to implement it into finalrender. sure those things move the release date away, but all of you will love these new features :)

..and why the hell you are all taking about maya.. didnt you read the history?!? stage-2 for XSI :applause:

InTerceptoV
02-25-2005, 10:11 AM
Nice to see that things are getting better for maya comunity.
I am just wondering is there any posibility to became a beta tester for final render alpha/beta?

Edwin Braun
02-25-2005, 11:24 AM
Nice to see that things are getting better for maya comunity.
I am just wondering is there any posibility to became a beta tester for final render alpha/beta?

Yes you can, however we need to fill certain areas of maya functionality first (particles,nurbs,subd modelling textureing, lighting etc...)

contact me by email with a short description of your current work you do.
edwin

Koogle
02-25-2005, 01:20 PM
You will likely have to. hehe

yeah anyway its good to see the final render going to XSI aswel, but focus on maya please

Maya good seriously do with another renderer better than its implementation of mental ray.

rendermania
02-25-2005, 01:24 PM
Maya good seriously do with another renderer better than its implementation of mental ray.

It could also do with much better UI design in the material setup and mapping department. One of the reasons I keep Maya on standby for certain things but rarely use it on a day to day basis.

percydaman
02-25-2005, 04:23 PM
Ive been dying to try XSI... the first of the new renderers that ports to it is liable to get a purchase from me...

Edwin Braun
02-25-2005, 06:02 PM
It could also do with much better UI design in the material setup and mapping department. One of the reasons I keep Maya on standby for certain things but rarely use it on a day to day basis.

Hmm, there is not much we can do, except if you are into programming and wish to extend finalRender on your own :)

But I know what you mean ! Later we'll also make our finalShaders materials available for Maya. Those are great "click and assign" materials to simulate the most common surfaces.
edwin

MartinGFoster
02-25-2005, 06:40 PM
now the stage-2 for maya page is online at

Kudos to Cebas for going forward with the Maya version of FinalRender. I hope it is a successful endeavour :)

What other 3rd party renderers currently work with Maya? Besides all the RenderMan compliant ones, obviously.

CGTalk Moderation
02-25-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.