PDA

View Full Version : Open Sound Control for Maya

caseybasichis
02-24-2005, 10:53 AM
Hi,
Kind of a longshot i suppose, but anyone here up for writing an open sound control setup for maya? I am not really a programmer but i think it would be fairly simple especially with a library like this http://www.hammersound.net/osc.html#Software%20using%20the%20OSC%20Library .

Currently OSC is used by all of the major audio / visual patch/programming languages as a replacement for midi to comminicate with each other and with other synthesis engines (ie supercollider). It would be amazing to be able to use mel, expressions, particles, graphs, the timeline, physics simulations and all of that great stuff to control audio parameters on an audio engine like supercollider. I've always thought that Maya has had the most innovative and flexible interface of any software out there 3d or not, it would be great to be able to use it for music as well.

Thanks,
Casey

CGTalk Moderation
02-24-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.