PDA

View Full Version : would u like to have ur location?! Poll

saiko
02-24-2005, 08:33 AM
A couple of weeks back I noticed that my location is not there!! …..I mean...under my avatar..
I did not make any change myself…..then I found that for most, the real name and country is coming under the avatar instead of location by default, because of a new change…..

If the real name is there right under the avatar what’s the use of having some 'cool' username on top of it!!...we might as well write our real name instead…..

I never preferred writing my locations as my country….as I move from one country to another ….and believe myself to be global citizen….and I believe most cg-talkers think like that….
I think instead of country, there should be location..like it used to be….so that one can write whatever he/she likes. And the real name, country etc can be there in the profile instead of right under the avatar…so if someone is more interested can find it in the profile of others.

What do u think?

There is anothr post related to this i posted last week:
You can find it Here. (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=212296)

mummey
02-25-2005, 03:48 PM
eh, you don't have to put your real name and country down. Its a choice you have. :shrug:

Perim
02-28-2005, 09:21 PM
I think it's kinda cool having both your username and name, much more professional.

Means you can keep any cool nickname you might have, but still have people know your real name.

saiko
03-01-2005, 06:01 AM
I think it's kinda cool having both your username and name, much more professional.

Means you can keep any cool nickname you might have, but still have people know your real name.

that's nice way of looking at it! even i like the idea....
but, atleast there should be an option for the user for that instead of making it compulsory.
isn't it?

Garma
03-02-2005, 08:45 AM
that's nice way of looking at it! even i like the idea....
but, atleast there should be an option for the user for that instead of making it compulsory.
isn't it?

like mummy said: there is.

CGTalk Moderation
03-02-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.