PDA

View Full Version : Eidos insiders confirm News Corp deal is imminent

RobertoOrtiz
02-24-2005, 02:50 AM
Quote:
"Sources at UK publisher Eidos have confirmed that the company is about to be sold to Rupert Murdoch's media empire News Corporation, with the deal expected to be announced within the coming week."

>>Link<< (http://gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=6981)
-R

innervision961
02-24-2005, 04:12 PM
Oh joy, mediocrity, and pop vomit here we come... Can't wait to play the bill o'reilly platformer. This sucks, at least EA will have a corporate buddy it can go golfing with once they've completely taken over the world.

Reepoman
02-24-2005, 05:11 PM
Oh joy, mediocrity, and pop vomit here we come... Can't wait to play the bill o'reilly platformer. This sucks, at least EA will have a corporate buddy it can go golfing with once they've completely taken over the world.#

The games industry is really going down the pan.... (Thanks EA) ok strike that,what I mean is it isn't ever going to be the same as it once was, working all hrs and gettin a hefty bouns every quater that more than made up for the overtime. Now all the good bouns will get taken away. These corporate folk are going take away your bouns and keep it for themselves and their shareholders, the industry will soon start to become a high turnover industry. Out with the old in with the new possibly on a yearly basis. I dunno, it's a bit worrying. Don't get me wrong it 's good news for Eidos and all who work there. But News Corp could go down the EA route and then where would we be.
But I wonder if the future of gaming will go back on itself.. I wonder if it will end up a bunch of mates in their bedroom making a game/mod with an engine? Who knows. It seems really hard for 80% of the worlds games companies to make any serious money these days. Dice just disclosed there profits for 2004 it was 3.1 million euros.. that doesn't seem much to me... Games comanies are getting raw deals with publishers.

Leebre
02-24-2005, 06:05 PM
Ghad...what are you guys whining about? This is what American capitalism is all about. Profit is the beginning and the end...it is the only reason for doing anything. Who are we if we are not making money? People will still blindly line up in droves to give all their money to 1% of the population in exchange for utter mediocrity and other people will still blindly line up in droves to work their selves to death for 1% of the population in exchange for the privilege of being treated like animals even if that 1% of the population are baby-eating, seal-clubbing Satanists who sit atop a thrones made from the corpses of their parents. Viva' el Lucre!

FloydBishop
02-25-2005, 01:23 AM
As someone who used to work for Fox, best of luck to those who have now been assimilated... I mean aquired.

Jhonus
02-25-2005, 01:41 AM
But I wonder if the future of gaming will go back on itself.. I wonder if it will end up a bunch of mates in their bedroom making a game/mod with an engine?.

it happens all the time, and its awesome.

http://www.tigsource.com/

look at alien hominid, gish and more recently cave story

CGTalk Moderation
02-25-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.