PDA

View Full Version : can't build a nice head topology

isotoksin
02-24-2005, 03:26 AM
I've been scouting around, read the Topology Sticky, stared at people on buses (that can be really awkward), also stared in the mirror, then spent 3 days in Maya, going through 6 different models and checking back on other people's wireframes, and I still can't get a nice facial topology going. I'm not saying it's not perfect, it just consistently stinks! I keep erasing loops and placing them in some other position, then figure out that I made 6 new triangles and lost the detail in some area and managed to complicate the model too much in another.

Maybe some of you pros have a sollution to my cranial dillema, but please don't send me to the Topology research post, since that is basicly to improve upon different topologies and not helping. What I could really use and didn't find would be a topology progress (like pic1: couple of edge loops to start from; pic2: add 2 more edge loops here.. and so on)... hoping such a thing exists.. Or some advice.

*gasp/breathe*

Sorry for the long phrases, I got long thoughts.

Don Kayote
02-24-2005, 06:55 AM
Here you go. :)

http://cube.phlatt.net/forums/spiraloid/viewtopic.php?TopicID=108

CGTalk Moderation
02-24-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.