PDA

View Full Version : Mental Ray for Maya 6 --> How do you get render statistics?

ZaonDude
02-24-2005, 02:06 AM
I'm curious how do you in maya 6 have mental ray report to you how many triangles/quads it renders (like after MR overrides tesselate nurbs, tesselate displacement, etc.) along with other useful scene statistics?

(I'm command line challenged, so there will be no adding of a -v/-verbose to anything that way LOL... ) Which I found in the maya manual but didn't find anything about how to achieve this in the Maya GUI.

Anybody know? ;-)

BillSpradlin
02-24-2005, 02:21 AM
This is in the help and covered on these boards, the search feature is usually somewhere you should start.

ZaonDude
02-24-2005, 02:32 AM
This is in the help and covered on these boards, the search feature is usually somewhere you should start.
Actually it's in neither unless I've not thought of the correct search parameters.

I've tried "MR verbose" "mental ray verbose" "MR statistics render" "mental ray statistics render" and a few others both here in post searches and in maya help. All I seem able to find is info regarding the command line argument.

ZaonDude
02-24-2005, 02:33 AM
I'm perfectly fine researching info on my own, but could at least use (apparently) some guidance on which search terms to use. Any suggestions?

BillSpradlin
02-24-2005, 02:42 AM
Well if you tried searching for "verbose" you probably could have looked in the render globals under the translation tab for mental ray, you would see "Export Verbosity" - The help covers what each one does. Progress Messages is the setting you will want to use.

ZaonDude
02-24-2005, 03:21 AM
Well if you tried searching for "verbose" ...you would see "Export Verbosity"
I did before, but the term 'export' caused me to skim right over it assuming it had to do with exporting to an outside program.. never occurred to me that Maya is an outside program too hehehe..

Thanks for your help.

CGTalk Moderation
02-24-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.