PDA

View Full Version : Scene : MONSTER BRAWL : ps7

William b. Hand
02-23-2005, 10:03 PM
I started this A Million Years Ago.. abandoned it for a million years.. and just recently punched it up with some highlights which make me think I'd like to take it to a place of finish after all.

Observations? .... Suggestions? ...... Irritations?

http://homepage.mac.com/dsgarchive3/.Pictures/Me%CC%81le%CC%81e%20MARK%20II.jpg

Squibbit
02-23-2005, 10:12 PM
i like that style so much, i gotta learn that !

the comic Batman:Judgment in Gotham came instantly
into my mind

i think the green one would do with more detailed, maybe a bit
thinner hands...

some stronger look to the back of the horned one ... muscles..bone
structure..i dunno

also, there could be cracks along the horn the green one is twisting
and parts of the horn could be snapping off

hjalmar
02-23-2005, 10:30 PM
prob could throw some blood to where the green one is grabbing the others arm, his fingers look like its goin inside his arm, the blood would help re-enforce the fight

maybe some cuts and scrapes also, and what master squibbit said about hte back...tighten up the colours and such:)

i like it overall:) keep it up:thumbsup:

Isurus
02-24-2005, 03:59 PM
looks like an airbrushing style almost, with the airbrush set to dodge and burn. good style.

thundering1
02-24-2005, 05:50 PM
Very nice - reminds me of Simon Bisley types of images (always a fan!).
As far as your thoughts of adding detail - maybe just keep it among the moving parts where your eyes would be in focus. Faces, arms, horns, etc., but keep the surroundings and background soft so it draws your eyes to the focus of the movement.

Kepp it up - sweet!

Falcorr
02-24-2005, 08:33 PM
Hey thats pretty cool :)

My suggestion would be try to break the flatness of the picture. Push forms towards viewer to make it look having more third dimension.

William b. Hand
02-24-2005, 09:05 PM
Squibbit - Glad you like!

I haven't seen "Judgment..." -- I'll have to keep my eyes open for that!

As for the hands... Yeah the green one's hand and arm are a problem -- I'll see if I can do anything to fix it. Also, concerning the horned ones' back, I'll attend to that as well.
Good suggestion about showing some damage - I'll do that!

hjalmar - Yes - Blood! I feel pretty silly... it never even occurred to me that blood might be appropriate :rolleyes: ! Cuts and scrapes: Yes and yes. Glad you are digging this one.

Isurus - I've airbrushed for many years... Small suprise some vision has crossed over, I suppose :D . Happy you like.

thundering1 - Yes, of course S. Bisley was in mind when I dug into the muscle! :)

Falcor_ - Thanks! Hmm... "break the flatness"? Yeah... I know it is a pretty flat image... I'm not certain if you were suggesting a specific approach, but I do agree that it has a very 2 dimensional feel. I'll see what I can do. I might be throwing some scene into the background. That's something I rarely do, but should.

Thanks for all the suggestions and observations, everybody!

Swizzle
02-24-2005, 10:29 PM
Falcor_ - Thanks! Hmm... "break the flatness"? Yeah... I know it is a pretty flat image... I'm not certain if you were suggesting a specific approach, but I do agree that it has a very 2 dimensional feel. I'll see what I can do.You might try making the green one's right arm grab the ground, right up in the foreground. Foreshorten it and that should help give it a more 3D feel. Just a suggestion, though, to give you some ideas.

William b. Hand
05-13-2005, 03:45 PM
Well, I'm working on this old pic again!

This update I'm focusing on the horned fella's arm. The previous arm had pretty wonky anatomy, so I'm hoping to fix that without losing the energy it had. Niether the colouring nor the highlighting is complete, just the basic restructuring. Next, I have to punch up his hand (no pun), and then I'll be addressing the green guy's arm.

Anyhow, see whatchya think:
http://homepage.mac.com/dsgarchive3/.Pictures/Me%CC%81le%CC%81e%20ARM%20FIX%20wip.jpg

CGTalk Moderation
05-13-2005, 03:45 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.