PDA

View Full Version : Blendshapes - How do you apply to an isolated area?

Rick Davidson
02-23-2005, 07:43 PM
Hi guys

I have a problem with my facial setup - I've modelled all the brow blendshapes, and now I see the mouth needs remodelling. I figure the best way is to re-model one and apply that shape to the others, but how do I prevent it from affecting the brow shapes?

Thx

john_homer
02-23-2005, 11:37 PM
edit the membership on the blendshape (deform->edit membership tool)

.j

thematt
02-26-2005, 10:02 AM
edit the membership on the blendshape (deform->edit membership tool)

.j

see that you're using it too..:), you stole my tricks bad boy.;)

by the way John, do you know if there is anyway to connect diferent blendShape to the same deformer set.it seems that I can't really find the way to do it, via mel or manually..weird.
The coonection from the blendShape to the deformer set is by the .message which in term does nothing, if you delete that connection and add another one it doesn't work.
Probably I'm missing something obvious. (a chance i could record the edit membership tool action and aply it to all blend shape, but still it would be better and cleaner to have only one deformerSet)..sorry i had to ask the blendShape expert :)

cheers

CGTalk Moderation
02-26-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.