PDA

View Full Version : Frames Echo once rendered out of Premiere

Seven
02-23-2005, 06:22 PM
Hi

Im currently working on my first animated short film. I have rendered out the various scenes in Maya as a series of still *.tga images. I then import these images into After effects, layer up the scene from the various layers I have rendered out and export this as a DV avi file.

I then import this avi into Premiere for editing. Now for some reason I need to slow each scene by 84% as to match up with the audio I have recorded. I dont know why I need to do this as when I was animating the audio synced up perfectly.

Anyway, I slow each scene by 84% in Premiere to match up with the audio. I then export this movie again to get the finished article.

However, when I export from Premiere I get a horrid echo of the last frame on the current frame in the video. This happens through out the entire sequence. Its like a continuous ghost image, the last image opac ontop of the current frame being shown.

I think it is doing this because I am stretching the frames when I am slowing it down. Is there any way to prevent this echo ? Surely if I slow the video down, it will just evenly space out each frame so each frame will appear on screen longer. It doesnt seem to be doing this.

Any help would be appreicated.

Sevv

vinteg
02-23-2005, 08:51 PM
First off what is the framerate that you are working in Maya and Premiere?

It sounds like your framerate in Maya in 25fps (PAL standards) and 29.97fps in Premiere (NTSC standards). Make sure your working with the right standards. Since you're in Europe, I assume that this is PAL, so set you're Premiere sequence/timeline to PAL DV 25fps.

In terms of the ghosting of the last frame, it sounds that you have frame blending on. Frame blending tries to help with the jerkiness of stressing your frames. Either turn it off or cut off the last frame or so. This should fix the problem.

CGTalk Moderation
02-23-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.