PDA

View Full Version : Render View 1:1 not so 1:1... 20" Apple LCD & 17" Apple CRT

vectorsalad
02-23-2005, 05:27 PM
Howdy!

I have an Apple 20" LCD (recent model) and an Apple "17 (G4 style, blue)... The 20" is on the 64MB AGP ATI Card (standard issue) and the 17" is on an older PCI ATI Rage 128.

#1 Issue is with Maya - When I render to Render View, the 1:1 is never 1:1. I always have to zoom out a hair to about .0998 to see the image not garbled up. :banghead: If I save the file and look at it in Photoshop, it's A-Ok... go figure...

#2 Issue for any Mac heads out there - screenshots on the 17" are very jaggy and nasty looking... but screenshots on the LCD are perfect, even when viewed on the 17.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

"We can never see past the choices we don't understand."
- The Oracle, Matrix II

vectorsalad
02-23-2005, 06:00 PM
The Matrix must've had a glitch - it appeared to work..

I still have to zoom out of Render View in order to not see it looking fractured to something like .097 or so...

Hmmmph....

Isn't this just like one of those "who-the-sam-hell-knows" situations the PC people put up with on a daily basis! Grrrrrr....

:hmm:

zkanal
02-23-2005, 07:13 PM
No, this only happens on Mac. Probably incompatible gfxcard.

itsallgoode9
02-23-2005, 07:43 PM
I used to have that problem on my 23" mac lcd at work.....but I never found out the problem, so you're not the only one that has had this happen to them. I don't know what graphics card we had though...it was whatever shipped with the 1st generation of the g5 dual processors.

tharrell
03-01-2005, 09:49 PM
I've got that exact problem at the office on a dual 2ghz G5 with the stock ATI card that shipped with it, and a 23" cinema display. Maya 6.0 and 6.5 -- no difference.

Honestly, I just do a save image as... and look at my renders in fcheck or Photoshop. It's pretty darned annoying if you're doing test renders and you're looking for glitches, though.

tharrell
03-01-2005, 09:54 PM
Almost forgot: for the screenshot issue, just try capturing a portion of the screen by using shift-command-4 and drawing a box (will make a PDF). Shift-control-command-4 will capture to clipboard so you can paste, but doesn't make it a pdf.

What might be happening is that you're just looking at the capture at a fraction of actual size... like in photoshop, 1/3rd resolutions like 66% always look like crap, where as even zooms like 25% look clean.

I have to say that I've stopped taking full screen grabs entirely with a pair of 23" cinema displays. I always grab just a portion. Something about 5 meg screen cap files piling up isn't that appealing.

CGTalk Moderation
03-01-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.