PDA

View Full Version : help on morphing objects

PANZER
09-17-2002, 01:22 PM
:hmm: i am doing a animation and wanted to to facial expressions... but i just can't figure out how you guys could morph the expressions using sliders!... how actuallly did you guys do it? i know the fact that the poly count must be the same in the two objects......

Atyss
09-17-2002, 02:38 PM
Well, it's called shape animation.

You start by creating a cluster with the vertices you want to deform. The cluster will be animated. Note: You must put the whole character under a model, we'll see why later.

Then you save a shape key on the cluster (give a meaningful name). In the Animation Mixer, this will have created a shape compound track. Right-click on it and choose Expand. You'll see there a track with the name you just entered. Remove the animation the animation on the divot for this track, and put the weight to 0.

After that, all you have to is the modify the object (the vertices that compose the cluster), and store a shape key for every new shape. You can load them in the Mixer after the first track.

Finally, you animate the transitions by animation the Weight value for each track.

Hope this helps
Salutations - Cheers
Bernard Lebel

StefanA
09-17-2002, 09:17 PM
You can also take a look at my tutorial where I describe shape animation.

http://hem.passagen.se/boda/

best of luck

.stefan andersson

PANZER
09-18-2002, 03:26 AM
seems a little confuse but i'll try, thanks anyway for the feedback!
if i have any problems ill come back again!.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.