PDA

View Full Version : bump with misss_fast_skin_maya // MR

thjazi
02-23-2005, 03:07 PM
hello

I don't know how to connect bump with misss_fast_skin_maya and MR

I do Maya6.5/devkit/mentalray/docs/gettingStarted/textureShaders_bump.html, it's work very well but now I want to do it with my "misss_fast_skin_maya"

in the tut "textureShaders_bump.html" at the end, We connect "dgs material" to the miMaterialShader's MatShadingGroup (SG) but here, with "misss_fast_skin_maya" the miMaterialShader it's connect to misss.outValue
and if I drag and drop "dgs material" in the "miss_fast_skin" bump shader'slot it's doesn't work too, or I can't know how to configure it, it's very possible too

somebody could to say it to me !

thanks !!! :buttrock:
have a nice day !!

floze
02-23-2005, 03:30 PM
Why do you want to connect a plain dgs into the bump input?:curious:
Have you tried plugging a bump2d into the bump slot of your misss?

thjazi
02-23-2005, 03:52 PM
Why do you want to connect a plain dgs into the bump input?:curious:
Have you tried plugging a bump2d into the bump slot of your misss?

Hi

In first time, yes I try with bump2d but no result,
so I seek how do bump with MR, in Maya6.5/devkit/mentalray/docs/gettingStarted/textureShaders_bump.html, he do that so I try with that, it's work but I don't know how to use it with my misss

floze
02-23-2005, 04:06 PM
As far as I know there's absolutely no need to set up a bump construction like in the tut you mentioned. All you need is a vector output which you can plug into the bump slot. Bump2d definitely provides this. This really should work.

Jackdeth
02-23-2005, 04:10 PM
use bump_combiner

floze
02-23-2005, 04:15 PM
Yeah, but hey - what's the difference?! I mean Vector is vector, or not? :curious:

thjazi
02-23-2005, 07:02 PM
ok sorry,
working with bump2d
it's my filter type, I put it on OFF, it doesn't work in this position, strange !

but what's vector output or bump_combiner ?

thanks

MasterZap
02-24-2005, 07:45 AM
ok sorry,
working with bump2d
it's my filter type, I put it on OFF, it doesn't work in this position, strange !

You must check the "Export with Shading Engine" box in the shading group for bump filtering to work correctly.

/Z

thjazi
02-24-2005, 03:58 PM
You must check the "Export with Shading Engine" box in the shading group for bump filtering to work correctly.

/Z

Sorry Master Zap, But I don't understand what you talking about !!

could you explain a little bit please ??

floze
02-24-2005, 04:01 PM
There's nothing to be misunderstood in Master Zap's sentence! Check your docs! :thumbsup:

thjazi
02-24-2005, 04:09 PM
Check your docs! :thumbsup:

I'm on it ! :buttrock:

but my my english is so ............................. bad !!!

CGTalk Moderation
02-24-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.