PDA

View Full Version : drawing Evil God.

blablabba
02-23-2005, 01:30 PM
Hey everyone, this drawing is a learning curve for me!, as most of my art doesnt have accurate anatomy in it! or any sense of perspective!.i have been studying perspectives and the human anatomy and i carefully drew the bones and the muscles then the skin and my own design of cloths and accessories etc. The reason i have done this is because i had some criticism for some of my pictures! and it all related to anatomy and also the colouring!, so im going to need crit for this please!! would be really welcome!. then after its perfect i am going to start painting it! in photoshop.

http://www.philangelo.co.uk/Legend.jpg

i have cut out this from a bigger size version of it this is a small resolution.

Fat_Cat_Gaz
02-24-2005, 02:30 AM
Hey Philangelo,

I like your drawing, you have a great eye for detail, however my crits are mainly to loosen things up a bit when you sketch. You probably heard it in every art book ever but try sketching the whole picture loosly, then go into detail, think it would really improve.

The whole thing proprotionally looks right but just rigid.

Also not sure whats going on with rocks and tree to the left.

Anyway thats imho :)

Goodluck and keep the drawing up!

blablabba
02-24-2005, 10:19 AM
thank you my friend for your advice i shall take it into account, i did actually have a flow of the drawing but i kind of added the detail after, and yes i see what you are saying it does look quite stiff and rigid ill try and change it and make it flow a little in photoshop. im glad its all in proportion i think ill start colouring it in on photoshop and add some more clothing and stuff.

blablabba
03-04-2005, 10:24 PM
Hey everyone its been a while since i last worked on this, its coming on still loads more to do but all the colours are slowly starting to merge in Criticism would really be helpful at the moment of this early stage, im going to be adding more weapons and stuff and just making the big fella more detailed on the clothing side of things. oh yeh i have changed his face to make him look really evil and demonic. i also now have a Graphic Pen for the computer which is very helpfull got loads of ideas i can now finally get on the computer.

http://www.philangelo.co.uk/colourdevil.jpg

NauticaC
03-05-2005, 02:09 AM
I love seeing the before and afters from the sketch to painting. I think you did a good job on both. Keep it up!

zagor
03-05-2005, 03:41 AM
hey

your anatomy is really not that bad.....nice work :thumbsup:

blablabba
03-13-2005, 01:21 PM
hey i have painter now and a pen so improvements are going to be made and the colouring is going to be updated this is a more updated version with some freehand Pen shoes added and the ground. Low res

http://www.philangelo.co.uk/legendary3.jpg

StylusMonkey
03-13-2005, 02:01 PM
I think you really need to work a lot on your anatomy in basic poses before you start trying fancy ones - also, work a lot on perspective.

SebastianPatric
03-14-2005, 02:26 AM
I agree. You should work on your anatomy. Start over with a more dynamic pose. The character with the sword seems too stiff and lacks "weight".

CGTalk Moderation
03-14-2005, 02:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.