PDA

View Full Version : double sided vodka!

ooz
02-23-2005, 12:51 PM
i modelled this bottle in nurbs, textured it with a layered shader that has 3 layers:
1. glass
2. front label (with its color, specular and transparency mapped)
3. back label (with its color, specular and transparency mapped)

my question is how do i make the labels one sided? i want to see white on the other side (like a sticker) and not the label design on both sides like in the pic.

my other question is how do i make the size of the label exactly the size i want it (with the place2dtexture node)?... cos now im doing it by eye, sort of adjusting till it looks right... but im sure there is a way to make it accurate

djx
02-23-2005, 12:59 PM
To make the labels one-sided you could use the samplerInfoNode's flipped-normal attribute to drive a condition-node to choose between your label texture and white.

In the place2dtexture node there is an "interactive" button that displays handles in the viewport that you can use to position the texture (although I always do it by typing in numbers to be really precise).

ooz
02-23-2005, 01:23 PM
thanks for the quick reply... can u please just explain briefly how u set that up?

djx
02-23-2005, 01:34 PM
A condition node has two color inputs and a value input (so you can connect two textures (or one texture and specify a color in the other input)). It also has an "operator" that you set to equals or not-equals (doesnt really matter as you will see later).
The samplerInfo node has an output parameter called flippedNormal which is either 1 or 0 depending on whether the surface pixel being rendered is facing the camera or facing away from the camera. So if you connect this flippedNormal output to the value input of the condition node it will cause it to "choose" between the two colors (the texture or white) depending on which way the surface is facing.
The condition node output then connects to where ever you had your original texture connected.

ooz
02-23-2005, 01:47 PM
IT WORKED!! thanks a lot djx... ur the MAN!!

CGTalk Moderation
02-23-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.