PDA

View Full Version : Field problem

curannon
02-23-2005, 10:37 AM
Hi!

I have rendered a tif_sequence in max. I have rendered the scene in half the speed in 25 fps
so the number of images will be equilant of 50 fps. I want to bring the sequence into
after effects so that it uses frame 1 for upper field and 2 for lower field. Therefor getting the proper 25 fps pal for video when I render the scene out. What is the correct way to do this in
after effects. If I interpret the frames with 50 fps and upperfield first the edges looks aliased.
If field is off when I intepret the fottage the picture looks great but the costumer can't read the files in its avid. I always shoot the movie out from AE with 25 fps and upperfiled first.
Any ideas on the correct procedure?

Cheers
/Fred

mart1jn
02-23-2005, 01:25 PM
Hi Fred
If I interpret the frames with 50 fps and upperfield first the edges looks aliased.

This is the correct way. After effect only shows 1 field on the computer screen. But it will render both fields correctly.

cheers
Martijn

curannon
02-27-2005, 12:23 PM
Thank you. i think it works now. got some flickeringproblem but I guess that has to do with the aliasing more than anything.

CGTalk Moderation
02-27-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.