PDA

View Full Version : Splines for 3D Reference?

AWD
02-23-2005, 09:57 AM
Hello everyone. I pretty much have no 3DS Max experience and I have a question regarding modeling using this program. However, I have pretty good low-poly modeling skills, and used different software for this (poly-by-poly modeling technique).

I've read quite a nice NSX tutorial at www.munkmotion.com (http://www.munkmotion.com/) which intoroduced poly modeling, but using splines for reference while modeling rather than blueprints themselves (splines created using blueprints). I wonder how many of you use this technique (using splines as reference)? Splining itself can take a lot of time, isn't it better to start poly-modeling right away using blueprints as reference (btw, that's the experience I have, there are no splines in the software I used)? Please tell your opinion.

Tallacus
02-24-2005, 02:51 AM
well i dont use 3dmax, i use maya, yes i do like using curves for modelling, i find that its easier t just use curves for a more accurate mesh manipulation, just easier then cutting the poly surface, but that depends on what you want to model

AWD
02-24-2005, 07:20 AM
Sorry, the question was different.

CGTalk Moderation
02-24-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.