PDA

View Full Version : hand arm texture

Konstruct
02-23-2005, 09:37 AM
I`m doing this for a HL2 mod and i figure its going to be in view for alot of the gameplay, so I want the texture to be as good as humanly possible.- PLEAAAASE- tear it to little pieceshttp://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

(model by sam greer)
http://neotokyo.radi-8.com/team/konstruct/handWIP3.jpg

ulukai33
02-23-2005, 11:23 AM
Great work, maybe only the end of thumb looks a bit weird (hand on the right side of the picture), but maybe it's only because of view angle...

BananaSalat
02-23-2005, 02:19 PM
WOAH thats very nice ... for the neotoky mod ? ;)

I loved it for ut2004 hope it will be as good as it was for ut2003.

Good luck.

marque-pierre
02-23-2005, 09:14 PM
The big light grey screw like things could look more raised or embedded into material. Do they havea bump map? If so, perhaps up the settings.

ninjacore
02-24-2005, 01:28 AM
thats just great. i was "touching up" the texure of the arms i made for the FPS view in my mod (not touched the arms since august). seeing this, i think i'll take a trip back to the actual model and redo it to match this peice of work :D

add that to the to do list :)

Konstruct
02-28-2005, 07:29 AM
added and bump and a spec- and some scratches --
anything bug ya?

http://neotokyo.radi-8.com/team/konstruct/handWIP5.jpg

marque-pierre
02-28-2005, 01:48 PM
Much. much better. I am sure you agree yourself. Your spec map on the first three fingers (index to ring finger) is a little too perfect. On your pinkie you have scratched it up, which is good, since those gloves would not stay perfectly unscratched on the fingers for long.

BananaSalat
02-28-2005, 01:57 PM
I would add that orange thing with the text again.

But jea nice work and much better with the scratches. :thumbsup:

Marcel
02-28-2005, 02:52 PM
I would add much more scratches to every corner of the metal. Maybe first let a white underlying layer of paint show though, and then the bare metal.
The surface will have to go through a lot, expecially the parts on the knuckles will be bumped and scratched all day long.

Great stuff!

Jake[BE]
02-28-2005, 03:13 PM
One of the best hand models I've seen for any mod! Which mod is it btw? Do you guys have a website?

FabioMSilva
02-28-2005, 03:55 PM
"Nakanitsu"?:shrug: nani kore?

toebee_1
02-28-2005, 04:42 PM
Nice, I still am not a big fan of those big screw things, they just seem a bit out of place. You could still use a few more scratches and such up on the arm. I agree that the orange strip could stay, I did kinda like that. Really nice though, I wish I couold model a hand that good.

AdamAtomic
02-28-2005, 05:20 PM
great job! a big improvement over the first post, nice work!

iSOBigD
02-28-2005, 09:00 PM
I think it looks great, but the problem for me is those screws are so big and yet they don't stick out at all.

Instead of using a bump map, why not use a Normal map? HL2 supports that...so I don't see why anyone would use old bump maps anymore. I just think that would help with the flat-looking screws which don't look like they're on a flat surface actually...they look a little bent...I don't know if it's just the viewing angle.

Anyway, that's my suggestion, though even as it is, the model looks great.

Por@szek
02-28-2005, 09:47 PM
Yeah, smell gooood :)
Like always , good piece of texture work. As I saw few post before, only thumb need a bit more attantion. And forearm(?) need more scars and destruct, but I always destroy everything:)
Konstruct, where is the rest?? Or its an arm from the accident?? Give us a flesh:twisted:
cu

Konstruct
03-01-2005, 04:56 AM
yeah i dont know about the screws...- there not really even suppoded to be screws just asian tech stuff. so there supposed to be reletively flat- but I agree the mesh should be flat before I start mapping any flat details:shrug:

its for the mod neotokyo (http://neotokyohq.com/) and its the arm for the GSDF first person view.
thanks for the intrest!

stay tuned on the site for some really cool upcoming media-

CGTalk Moderation
03-01-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.