PDA

View Full Version : anyone use Moleskin Notebooks?

Grizzlybrice
02-23-2005, 06:35 AM
I guess this goes out to both the storyboard artists and writers out there. I know that a lot of writers use these to keep their thoughts, a buddy of mine turned me onto them and they are quite awesome in quality. I have discovered the Moleskin makes storyboard pocketbooks and am picking one up. I was wondering if any writers or storyboard artists use them? just curious i guess. It'll be nice during meetings with clients to doodle down in a collected place and then rework the boards on nice big storyboard templates.

http://www.moleskineus.com/storybook.html

Brice

Fierras
02-23-2005, 03:46 PM
Good to know that there are more people out there that use those little handy books that fit right in your pocket.

scotttygett
02-24-2005, 08:03 AM
"My greatest fear is to come back in the afterlife as one."

Top ten (belated) improvements to Moleskine:*

1. centerfold girl with satyr and unicorn
2. dusting powder, sealing wax, moleskine stamp and
3. "In the event of my demise, I appoint ____ my executor to bequest this Moleskine to..."
4. "safety" match and kindling
5. absynthe-scented
6. two foot length of necklace chain with tassle
7. quill nib in back pocket
8. tiny hinged mail box flag that means "I'm available."
9. monocle, or goatee with spirit gum

*writes in one with a gelly pen.

www.modoemodo.com (http://www.modoemodo.com) , yes?

Corbae
02-24-2005, 08:25 PM
moleskin books are great! I use one for for quick sketches and studies when I am wasting time. They're also handy for notes and stuff. The texture of the paper is what's really awsome though. I get pretty cool line quality even with a pen.

marchermann
03-04-2005, 10:06 AM
Top ten (belated) improvements to Moleskine:*
For me there's only one: UNDO ;)

Even though I'm very attracted to PDAs and those kind of gadgets, I prefer writing my thoughts, sketches, plans and to do lists with pen on paper. Same for addresses and appointments. Just feels nicer and is quicker. I couldn't live without my (moleskine) notebooks.

Marc

MarioV
03-19-2005, 05:46 PM
Wow,

I always wanted one of these but I never knew where to get them. I have a thousand ideas every day but I forget a lot of them by the end of the day. Something like will be very handy!

I just bought the Moleskine Pocket Ruled Notebook, and I can't wait to receive it!

Thanks for the link guys.

subcast
03-23-2005, 03:47 AM
FYI: you can buy these at barnes & noble store. Thats where i got mine. they are nice a sturdy.

eek
03-23-2005, 10:12 AM
Ive got two of these little jems, I pretty much finished one, with shot breakdowns, thumbnailing, rigging ideas, story ideas, boards and all manner of things. Ive got one of there limited edition ones with a lattice style cover to it.( cant get them any more :( ) and a standard one.

mine: http://www.moleskineus.com/touch.html
eek

scotttygett
03-23-2005, 10:15 AM
Holy crap! They're collectible?!

I've been writing on them, using them for paper!

eek
03-24-2005, 10:31 AM
*laughs, falls off chair*:applause:,

same here, mines nearly full up and *erhhhmm* falling to bits. Id nearly finished it went back to the shop, "umm, do you sell these... no sorry limited edition"

Doh!

eek

TheFreak
03-24-2005, 02:20 PM
Hey Folks,

These wee books look great!!! I think i will need to get one or two...and for those of us in the UK here is a site selling them...could be more but this was only a quick check.

http://www.mojolondon.co.uk/genre.php?varGenre=2

Cheers

floatingrunner
03-24-2005, 09:26 PM
humm... usually i just get meself them black-hardcovered sketch book and draw (doodle) in them...

i do my own squares :D does that count?

DangerousCliff
04-06-2005, 05:56 PM
my wife was going to buy one for me as a supprise (great wife!), but i accidently ruined the supprise when i was talking about making something simmilar.

see, i want a pad, that i can tear out pages to pin them to a board.
one frame to a page, please, and room for notes.

so, i look online, and lots of people mentioning something simmilar, but no shops selling them.

odd, lots of "any art supply store should have them." ehh..

these moleskin guys are also sold through Dick Blick art supplies, a few bucks cheaper.
http://www.dickblick.com/zz118/00/products.asp?ig_id=4986

malcolmvexxed
04-07-2005, 10:54 AM
been looking for something like this especially now that i'm getting into comic book writing. Thanks for the post

bernieLomax
04-07-2005, 12:44 PM
yes i do. i use them for almost anything... in the beggining they sounded a bit expensive, but afterwards they became a part of my life..
buy them use them buy them use them then after a couple of years you will still find them in good state and still use them

ugs bern

CGTalk Moderation
04-07-2005, 12:44 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.