PDA

View Full Version : Chronicles of Narnia: Behind the Scenes II

Solothores
02-23-2005, 05:55 AM
Entitled "the director", have fun watching:
http://bvbp-qt.vitalstream.com/LionWitchWardrobe/Narnia_Chapter2_TheDirector_1500.mov

Rye
02-23-2005, 07:20 AM
thanks for posting that!

I REALLY hope this movie is good. Some of those sets were gorgeous, is this being shot in New Zealand? Looked like the plains of Rohan in one of those shots.

Wilson-3d
02-23-2005, 04:24 PM
More good stuff. This is going to be a good one.

MartinGFoster
02-23-2005, 05:41 PM
is this being shot in New Zealand? Looked like the plains of Rohan in one of those shots.

Yes, New Zealand for the non-snow location scenes and also the Czech Republic (I think) for the location Winter/Snow scenes. I think they are shooting the Czech stuff now.

The other good news is that there should be a trailer going out with the Star Wars RoTS film release, according to joblo.com

So, if that's true, I imagine a lot of people will see the trailer since Star Wars 3 should be fairly big.

modernhorse
02-23-2005, 06:42 PM
Anyone have a link to part one? I missed that one.

Thanks.

Geta-Ve
02-23-2005, 09:40 PM
anyone else see the resemblence to tauren? :D

veljko-lemonade
02-24-2005, 11:13 AM
Hi, is the Czech stuff confirmed or just a rumor?
I think thats a great location for souch a fearytale! I have been twice to Praha this year and was blown away by the nature and the city-
:)

droidzlander
02-24-2005, 10:40 PM
Anyone have a link to part one? I missed that one.

Thanks.

I don't know if you are talkin' about this but here it is...
http://www.apple.com/trailers/disney/the_chronicles_of_narnia.html

And besides I really hope this new franchise will become another great saga as the years of great sagas seem to come to an end so fast.

Apoclypse
02-24-2005, 11:23 PM
Damn, WETA seems to have their hands in every wpic fantasy movie. Fitting that they are the ones entrusted to the Narnia universe and the LOTR universe as both c.s. lewis and tolkien were friends and both were trying to do the very same thing. C.S. Lewis stories are far more religious though. These are my favorite books and I hope that these movies do it justice.

vrf
02-25-2005, 05:29 AM
I really hope they don't screw this series up. The books are about a lot more than massive battles (they make up a very small part of the story, in fact), but it looks like there's a lot of focus being put into the war aspects of the stories.

They'd better not ruin it to make a more "exciting" movie.
I guess it's probably too early to tell, but those videos made me a bit nervous.

droidzlander
02-25-2005, 09:50 AM
People at Weta seem to have their hands in a lot stuff lately (I, robot; King Kong; Narnia)... They're a very good anomaly in the vfx field.

Magnemar
02-25-2005, 11:23 AM
I just really hope they get rid of that voiceover guy who says 'The Chronicles of Narnia' at the end - everytime he says 'Nannia' I cringe.

Get Robert Powell that's what I say.

Will be interesting to see how they handle the themes within the books - they get pretty overt when you get to the later books...

eMPeck
02-25-2005, 06:45 PM
I've just finished reading (today) all serie (for the second time), this is awesome story, and I cannot wait this movie.

It's about time to make _good_ fantasy movies (LOTR, Potter, maybe Narnia, we'll see), not another Xena stuff... There are many awesome sf movies, but where are all those fantasy stories? Hello Hollywood!!!

CGTalk Moderation
02-25-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.