PDA

View Full Version : need help: Animation in strata3d/imovie

mybutterflyiris
02-23-2005, 04:32 AM
Hi,
I am currently taking a computer graphics course at my university in which I am working on a short animation. I am using one of the university's macs in the computer lab and used strata 3d (only 3d program university has) to create my characters and animate them. However, I have been pulling out my hair through this process as my professor admittedly doesn't know as much as he should about computer graphics. Anyways...I wanted to use two different camera angles during the animation to which my professor and another student suggested that I render the two different angles and then bring each clip into imovie and combine them. The problem is imovie doesn't seem to want to read the .mov format that strata 3d automatically puts it in... i found the other option of rendering it/saving it as a flash file and tried that, but during the rendering strata always crashes. I'm not really sure what's going on...so if you have any suggestions on how to fix this or just how to combine the two angles in strata without imovie that would be great too. By the way, this is due on Feb. 24, so I must get all this sorted out by then...will be in lab many hours tomorrow i foresee.

thanks for any help guys, you're the best!

mybutterflyiris
02-23-2005, 06:54 PM
come on someone out there has to have some idea...

Spater
02-23-2005, 07:13 PM
the best thing to do is render out in still frames.
then using a program like quicktime pro import them as an image sequence and export them as an Animation compressed mov

CGTalk Moderation
02-23-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.