PDA

View Full Version : Sony Admits to PSP Button Flaws

RobertoOrtiz
02-23-2005, 03:04 AM
Quote:
"Sony has confirmed that the controller buttons on some Playstation Portable (PSP) units may become stuck and not return to their default position. A free repair program has been announced

Sony has confirmed that the controller buttons on some Playstation Portable (PSP) units may become stuck and not return to their default position. A free repair program has been announced."
>>Link<< (http://www.techjapan.com/Article900.html)
-R

vrf
02-23-2005, 05:32 AM
Wow, they changed their tune pretty quickly.

From the earlier statments, as reported by IGN:

Kutaragi stresses that many complaints about the system are due to areas that aren't flaws with the system, but are by design. In particular, Kutaragi points to another button issue where for some buttons, the system seems to not respond to button presses. Kutaragi argues that in many cases, users are pushing the buttons left and right and the system isn't registering a response. This is not, according to SCE, a flaw with the system.
Kutaragi explained further, taking a bit of time to let us in on how much he loves his new system. "We didn't want to make the screen any smaller than it is, nor did we want to make the PSP system any larger. The position of the buttons were exactly what we aimed for. These are the specifications. This is a product that I made, and these are its specifications. It's not the case that error was a made -- it was all my desire. I think we made the most beautiful thing in the world."

Now, it's so much easier to like Sony when they fess up to a problem rather than blaming their design flaw on the users.

heavyness
02-23-2005, 06:51 AM
i thought they said it was a piece of art... you wouldn't change a piece of art, would you? ..jk

well, the good thing is that they are fixing it.

Kion
02-23-2005, 10:38 AM
i eat my words, I'll getting a psp that thing is awsome

Hazdaz
02-24-2005, 01:05 AM
But what about all the Sony fanbois that were defending the FLAWED design?!?

Either way, I can't figure out how they plan on "repairing" these flawed PSPs? Its not like they can just move the circitry... the only 'real' solution is a new main circuit board with the Square button's contacts moved over.

I hope they completely solve this issue, cuz I honestly wouldn't mind getting one.

CGTalk Moderation
02-24-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.