PDA

View Full Version : Blur Behind

AZL42
02-23-2005, 01:57 AM
I'm trying to do a bouncing ball exercise. I have three layers. The background, the ball without blur and the ball with blur. I'll be compositing the three and my desired effect is the ball sharp, with a blurred trail behind it.

The problem I'm having is Maya seems to be blurring ahead and behind of my render of the ball with-out blur. So the ball looks like it has a blurred trail behind and ahead of it. Is there anyway to get it to just blur behind it? (skewing the two sequences off by a frame makes it look like there are two balls, rather than the effect I want).

If need be, to explain the problem, I can upload a picture.

Thanks,

Adam

Jozvex
02-23-2005, 03:19 AM
I've never heard of a solution to this for motion blur inside a 3D package. I think it's just a limitation in the way renderers work.

AZL42
02-23-2005, 05:11 AM
I found a way to get what I wanted, I moved back all my keyframes by half a frame and then did the blurred render (Now I just have to decide if I like the results or not).

CGTalk Moderation
02-23-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.