PDA

View Full Version : Two Character Setup not working any ideas?

primemac
02-22-2005, 09:47 PM
Well this might just be a simple thing and I might even find it on the way to solving it but

hear is a strange thing. I took a model and made some small changes and renamed it to be
another character so I could animate it as well. But when I try to do this my model1 works fine but model 2 does not convert bones even when selected. I find this strange. How then can one have more than 1 character move with anther If the 2nd character bones are not in there proper place?

SplineGod
02-22-2005, 10:09 PM
Did you create the bones as skelegons? If so did you make sure the skelegons were copied into the 2nd character?

primemac
02-22-2005, 10:23 PM
Hi splinegod.

Well I just fixed the problem.. For a sec I thought I did something wrong but instead I found
a intresting Lightwave Glitch... When I took the Model that I know worked and renamed it to be something ealse for what ever reason after I took off the hair and cloth it then worked fine..

I gess this has never been seen before I feel so lucky I mean unlucky....

but fixed problem..

Did you create the bones as skelegons? If so did you make sure the skelegons were copied into the 2nd character

Did not have to as all I did was rename it and then do some changes but for what ever reason the hair and clothes had to be redone for what ever reason when I took it off things
started to work corectly..

Thanks for your thought on this..

CGTalk Moderation
02-22-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.